Jewell Trigger install problem - need help!

SouthTXBowhunter

So I bought a Jewell trigger for a Model 70 Coyote Lite (25 WSSM) and just finished installing it (almost!) only to find that the bottom plate/trigger guard won't fit! The trigger, which is full functional and operational (tested per manuf. instructions), is canted to much to the rear for the trigger guard to go back into place.

Anyone have this issue before? I'm wondering if they gave me the wrong version of the model 70 trigger (maybe for a pre-64) or if I need to get a different bottom plate/trigger guard to accomodate the Jewell trigger? However, the trigger is angled back a LOT more severely than the stock trigger was and it just doesn't seem right.

There is a single line of text- the very last line in the instructions- saying that the stock trigger guard may need to be milled out slightly to accomodate the new trigger; but, if I were to do that, I'd have to remove a considerable amount of metal. I can't imagine that this would be necessary and if I did it, the trigger would still be darn near the back of the trigger guard.

I could sure use some advice fellas!

Nick

I understand what you mean and I've had to remove some material from trigger guards before but you said the trigger is really angled back? Could you post a pic of this. A picture would deffinatley get some responses and we would have a better idea of what your talking about. The more detailed pictures the better.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.