It's Here!!!!

wildcat

It\'s Here!!!!

Well, my McMillan A-5 stock just showed up, Thank God. It took much longer than 12 weeks, but it's here and now I can give it to my gunsmith to start my 6x284 project. Wow, McMillan makes a great stock and now that it's here, I guess the wait was worth it. I will always use McMillan stocks on my projects, I just hope they get better with their delivery time promises.

Re: It\'s Here!!!!

Mine came today as well, looks great except it is inletted for a short action. I dont own any short actions and I think i am just gonna send it back and cancell my other stock as well. If you pay 1200 for 2 stocks you should get them when promised as well as for the right length action.

I and Mcmillian am glad some one still will put up with poor customer service, i dont have too.

d-a

NE1 need a left handed McMillan stock new never used short action rem 700. LOL sorry had to do it Da.

It sure is pretty I bet, we can use it this weekend to prop up some bean sprouts in my food plot since its good for a steak and nothing more.

Good ole McMillan wait 4 months for the wrong dang stock, great customer support and great prodcuts. Maybe theres a key to this, instead of ordering what you want just let them send you what they want LOL. Then you build the gun around what they send you seems to me this way at least youll always have something you can build on.

Should have gone with Joel Russo's stocks, I know you gotta do work to them but hey you could have done a hell of a lot of work in 4 months time and had it where you want it. instead well nevermind lol I just think its funny 1200 bucks and you end up with something you cant use.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine came today as well, looks great except it is inletted for a short action. I dont own any short actions and I think i am just gonna send it back and cancell my other stock as well. If you pay 1200 for 2 stocks you should get them when promised as well as for the right length action.

I and Mcmillian am glad some one still will put up with poor customer service, i dont have too.

d-a

[/ QUOTE ]

hi DA
i would be very interested in how they deal with this,and how long they say it will take.
as i had a problem with one but managed to get the work done over hear (UK) because of the logistics of sending it back.

after waiting for that time for your stock and then get it wrong,i would be surprised if there is a stock to send back.
thanks
Colin

[ QUOTE ]
Should have gone with Joel Russo's stocks, I know you gotta do work to them but hey you could have done a hell of a lot of work in 4 months time and had it where you want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right.

I have already asked him if he can dup the stock. Just waiting on the reply. if he can i will send it to him, then back to mcmillian.

d-a

Its just a thought but why not offer to sell it to someone on here for what you have in it. Might save someone months of grief and frustration.
Its a shame a great company has grown so fast that there reputation is suffering due to managments lack of insight into customer relations. As long as the military is there big buyer there isnt much going to change for the little guys. But then again every company that put there main effort into military contracts suffered in the long run.

Slipshot i was goning to see what Mcmillian was gonna do before i offered it up. It is a lefthanded f-class with adjustable cheek piece and decelarator pad installed.I paid $685 plus shipping for it. If i was to sell it here i would have to get the full amount plus actual shipping.

d-a

Just a thought, but I would recommend rethinking the 6-284 and look at the 6x47 now that Lapua is shipping the 6.5x47 brass. Lot better barrel life and almost as fast if not same.

They are getting 2900-2950 in the 6.5 wtih the 123 gr bullets so the 6 should be 3200 plus easily.

My 6mm BR DX (ack imp with long neck BR) is getting 3100 with a 105 Flatbase bullet and could go another 50-75 with a VLD at least out of a 28" 9 twist krieger

BH

d-a

Send that stock to me and I'll dupe into a laminate inletted for your long action. If need be, I can expedite it and get it finished in about a week. I take good care of my repeat customers.

Let me know if I can help.

Joel I will be sending it your way real soon if some one is not interested in buying it. Mcmillian will refund it completely plus return shipping. I was impressed with that but i am easily impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

d-a

d-a, when the stock was delivered yesterday, I thought for sure something would be wrong with it. I was lucky, everything is correct. I am really sorry about your stock, but it sounds like your going to have an excellent stock in about two weeks from J. Russo. Good Luck, Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.