can anyone tell me what rifles i have here?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by DwayneC, Nov 4, 2009.

1. DwayneC

DwayneC New Member

i have a couple of rifles i have no idea what they are, was wondering is somebody could help me out,

1st in a 12 gauge shotgun researched the name but couldnt find anything
    2nd falling block chambered in 38-55
    3rd kinda looks like a farquarson(sp?) action but has one lever for opening action and another for cocking - chambered in 38-55
    4th looks like a lechner action chambered in 38 spl

and help is much appreciated...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

man they are junk better send them to me

3. DwayneC

DwayneC New Member

haha ok, ill send them with the others that i have like my p1917 30-06, 303 enfields, pre - 1900 model 94 win 38-55, and the ole percusion cap black pow rifle, must all be junk... :rolleyes:

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

sounds good I will pm u my address. I think the rifle on the bottom is a savage or a rem I have seen it before just cant rember yet

5. DwayneC

DwayneC New Member

i forgot to add that the 3 falling blocks all have a name on them of J.R. Benson of Vancoucer BC dated 1963.

6. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

I love the side by side, but have no idea.

Those falling blocks look an awful lot like a modified chicopee of some type. Are you sure those are not home builds? I have seen some very impressive homebuilds of similar design on home gunsmithing forums.

7. Gene Jr.

Gene Jr. Well-Known Member

Search "Clabrough Brothers" for info on the shotgun. I have a similiar one and remember they are made in Birmingham and were imported under several different variations of the name. Imported to the west coast if memory serves me. Looks like a nice piece but they do not command a large price, probably u under $1,000 but I could be wrong.

Gene