It's a coffee sippin kinda morning!

Tried a new to me kind of coffee today and I really, really like it. Kicking Horse Coffee, "Three Sisters" - named after three distinct mountain peaks in Alberta and the folklore/mythology that the indigenous people told about them - it's labeled "medium roast" but is more of a medium dark, which is perfect for me. I like medium and medium dark….I don't mind some dark roasts but French roast is not my cup of tea (or coffee 🤣) - just tastes burnt to me and the beans are all greasy looking and even the aroma is off putting. And the really light breakfast roasts seem more prone to bug my stomach and don't taste as "deep" either.

The beans in the picture I hope you can see are just ever so slightly starting to be oily like a dark roast, but not in a bad way. Just perfect really.

It's actually SNOWING outside again (yay Saskatchewan 🤣) but the kind that just melts the second it hits. Right around freezing outside, and yet I didn't feel like a hot drink so in defiance of spring's reluctance to arrive I'm drinking an ice coffee the way I like them.

A double shot of espresso made with my middle-of-road type espresso maker, a Breville that I've had for 6-7 years now and quite like, never an issue, with ice, and whole milk. That's it that's all, I don't like sweet coffee. But this does the trick real nice (and may be my third one this morning haha)

Noodle, the dog, says hi.

Attachments

• F4A4D4EF-9AEB-48C2-A439-75E87783172A.jpeg
    F4A4D4EF-9AEB-48C2-A439-75E87783172A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 8F76275D-F999-482A-8F3C-6DADB8AF0D2F.jpeg
    8F76275D-F999-482A-8F3C-6DADB8AF0D2F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 24807564-F598-43C6-9A20-6A42E597F380.jpeg
    24807564-F598-43C6-9A20-6A42E597F380.jpeg
    929.6 KB · Views: 16
Good stuff, Calvin.

Three Sisters was our blend of choice for a number of years here. Kicking Horse does a good job. Found out recently my coworker's cousin is the owner, haha. Small world!

Somewhere along the way I found out that Three Sisters (from Kicking Horse) is actually a blend of light roast, medium roast, and dark roast.

You can see it in your third photo of the beans - light ones, medium ones and dark ones.

Really complex flavour!!

Not snowing here, but it's overcast and strangely calm. Conditions were perfect for a hike, so I did my first training run of the year (with weight) this morning, feeling pretty wiped and looking forward to a cup!

Our process has evolved some - but what kind of coffee snob drinks COOP coffee?? 🤣🤣🤣

What can I say? We just love the 'Nicaragua' beans!

(I overshot the water temp a little - the photoshoot messed with my rhythm)

coffee tools.jpgbeans.jpggrind.jpgwatemp.jpgyum.jpg

Good stuff, Calvin.

Three Sisters was our blend of choice for a number of years here. Kicking Horse does a good job. Found out recently my coworker's cousin is the owner, haha. Small world!

Somewhere along the way I found out that Three Sisters (from Kicking Horse) is actually a blend of light roast, medium roast, and dark roast.

You can see it in your third photo of the beans - light ones, medium ones and dark ones.

Really complex flavour!!

Not snowing here, but it's overcast and strangely calm. Conditions were perfect for a hike, so I did my first training run of the year (with weight) this morning, feeling pretty wiped and looking forward to a cup!

Our process has evolved some - but what kind of coffee snob drinks COOP coffee?? 🤣🤣🤣

What can I say? We just love the 'Nicaragua' beans!

(I overshot the water temp a little - the photoshoot messed with my rhythm)

View attachment 459370View attachment 459371View attachment 459372View attachment 459373View attachment 459374
That makes a lot of sense and I did notice that not all the beans were the same hue…thanks for the info!

Tried a new to me kind of coffee today and I really, really like it. Kicking Horse Coffee, "Three Sisters" - named after three distinct mountain peaks in Alberta and the folklore/mythology that the indigenous people told about them - it's labeled "medium roast" but is more of a medium dark, which is perfect for me. I like medium and medium dark….I don't mind some dark roasts but French roast is not my cup of tea (or coffee 🤣) - just tastes burnt to me and the beans are all greasy looking and even the aroma is off putting. And the really light breakfast roasts seem more prone to bug my stomach and don't taste as "deep" either.

The beans in the picture I hope you can see are just ever so slightly starting to be oily like a dark roast, but not in a bad way. Just perfect really.

It's actually SNOWING outside again (yay Saskatchewan 🤣) but the kind that just melts the second it hits. Right around freezing outside, and yet I didn't feel like a hot drink so in defiance of spring's reluctance to arrive I'm drinking an ice coffee the way I like them.

A double shot of espresso made with my middle-of-road type espresso maker, a Breville that I've had for 6-7 years now and quite like, never an issue, with ice, and whole milk. That's it that's all, I don't like sweet coffee. But this does the trick real nice (and may be my third one this morning haha)

Noodle, the dog, says hi.

Noodles face says:
Man, what are you doing?

If dogs could understand coffee lol. Sounds like good coffee, I prefer medium dark to dark roast.

I'll trade you your snow for my sun for a bit, we will be hitting 100° on Sunday 😓. Time of the year for Iced Coffee and Ice Cold Beer! 🍺Salud!

Noodles face says:
Man, what are you doing?

If dogs could understand coffee lol. Sounds like good coffee, I prefer medium dark to dark roast.

I'll trade you your snow for my sun for a bit, we will be hitting 100° on Sunday 😓. Time of the year for Iced Coffee and Ice Cold Beer! 🍺Salud!
You keep that 100 degree nonsense to yourself! I too will stick with my snow haha

Yup, that's what he said.
"Who" made the determination and proof that, what I thought, was Veterans associated with "Black Rifle Coffee" and I was supporting them.
If "Black Rifle" is not run by Veterans or God Forbid "Woke Veterans" Running a Scam would like to know and proof.
I also stopped drinking coffee 25 years ago. I lived in Hawaii and drank a pot + of KONA coffee every morning. This went on for years and I only went to sleep around 2-3:00AM and got up at 5:45 AM everyday. Was only sleeping maybe 3+ hours a day. Found out that Kona Coffee had one of the highest caffeine % in coffee. I stopped drinking and then started to get 5-6 hours a night of sleep.
Also if you are shooting ELR or any accurate shooting - caffeine/nicotine is not your friend. it is not good to drink anything except water, a healthy diet, and plenty of cardiovascular exercise to control your heart/pulse rate.
I still LOVE a good cup of coffee every now and then (3-4 times a year). Especially with the new Keurig Coffee machines. I can almost taste a good coffee and get a buzz thinking about drinking a big cup!
I do have packages of "Black Rifle BEANS" that was gifted to us.

"Who" made the determination and proof that, what I thought, was Veterans associated with "Black Rifle Coffee" and I was supporting them.
If "Black Rifle" is not run by Veterans or God Forbid "Woke Veterans" Running a Scam would like to know and proof.
I also stopped drinking coffee 25 years ago. I lived in Hawaii and drank a pot + of KONA coffee every morning. This went on for years and I only went to sleep around 2-3:00AM and got up at 5:45 AM everyday. Was only sleeping maybe 3+ hours a day. Found out that Kona Coffee had one of the highest caffeine % in coffee. I stopped drinking and then started to get 5-6 hours a night of sleep.
Also if you are shooting ELR or any accurate shooting - caffeine/nicotine is not your friend. it is not good to drink anything except water, a healthy diet, and plenty of cardiovascular exercise to control your heart/pulse rate.
I still LOVE a good cup of coffee every now and then (3-4 times a year). Especially with the new Keurig Coffee machines. I can almost taste a good coffee and get a buzz thinking about drinking a big cup!
I do have packages of "Black Rifle BEANS" that was gifted to us.

I've worked with two veterans that aren't pro 2nd ammendment, don't own or care about guns, period. And they never quite agreed with my views on guns and my freedom to own and bear arms. One of them loves the Clinton's, and he would've loved to see Hillary as president, go figure.

So I am not surprised that some war veterans are liberals/democrats, I've met some.

I've worked with two veterans that aren't pro 2nd ammendment, don't own or care about guns, period. And they never quite agreed with my views on guns and my freedom to own and bear arms. One of them loves the Clinton's, and he would've loved to see Hillary as president, go figure.

So I am not surprised that some war veterans are liberals/democrats, I've met some.
I think that what I was referring to from what Petty 308 said is misinterpreted.
There are many "HEROS in our Armed Forces that are Democrat/Liberal/Republican/Conservative and support and thank everyone for their Service.
I did not understand the comment that the "Black Rifle" Coffee Company were "Closet Liberals".
I'll just put this Thread on my Ignore list and stay out of the conversation.

I think that what I was referring to from what Petty 308 said is misinterpreted.
There are many "HEROS in our Armed Forces that are Democrat/Liberal/Republican/Conservative and support and thank everyone for their Service.
I did not understand the comment that the "Black Rifle" Coffee Company were "Closet Liberals".

@Petey308 can better explain it. If I am correct, he did mentioned they are liberals, but again, he can explain it better.

@Petey308 can better explain it. If I am correct, he did mentioned they are liberals, but again, he can explain it better.

I believe I need to explain, sometimes what I type and think don't match lol.

By no means am I making less of a veteran's service, no matter of their political ideas, race, gender identification or anything else. I have a great respect for anyone who has worn a uniform and served our country. I have a very good relationship with these two veterans I mentioned, we don't agree on everything, but their service regardless is greatly appreciated.

And I apologize if my comment came of rude or abrasive, it was not meant like that.

I believe I need to explain, sometimes what I type and think don't match lol.

By no means am I making less of a veteran's service, no matter of their political ideas, race, gender identification or anything else. I have a great respect for anyone who has worn a uniform and served our country. I have a very good relationship with these two veterans I mentioned, we don't agree on everything, but their service regardless is greatly appreciated.

And I apologize if my comment came of rude or abrasive, it was not meant like that.
Luis
No apology needed, you did not offend, be Rude or Abrasive. The military is comprised of both Liberals and Conservatives, Independents. Same mixture as the public. If we didn't have a mix of everyone the military might just be like the SS German during WWII.
Thanks for your input!
Len

Recent Posts