Is This The 7MM Custom Year?

Got to agree with everything said. You will never hear me say anything bad about the 30-06, fine caliber! I've shot a 7mm mag for over 40 yrs, I love em, every gun vault needs a good 7 mag in it. Only reason I voted for the 280 AI was she already has the action an everything, just rebarrel. However, MudRunner you are right, a person can never have to many customs. Oh. I really like the way you done your 25-06 AI in the old remington stock. Very classy. I'm doin a 7 mag in one now!

DT
I guess I'm a trend-setter in the gun world....Bringin old school back, with a new school twist. :D

You need to post up pics of it when you get it done.

I had it out fondling it earlier today... I just love the way those old vintage BDL Varmint stocks fit my hands. The monte carlo cheek rest, the micro-checkering, the smooth glossy finish. Something about it with that all-stainless metal sitting in it just screams sexy to me.

I will be using one for my .280 AI build, as well.

I guess I'm a trend-setter in the gun world....Bringin old school back, with a new school twist. :D

You need to post up pics of it when you get it done.

I had it out fondling it earlier today... I just love the way those old vintage BDL Varmint stocks fit my hands. The monte carlo cheek rest, the micro-checkering, the smooth glossy finish. Something about it with that all-stainless metal sitting in it just screams sexy to me.

I will be using one for my .280 AI build, as well.

I love the way you think Mud! :D

Hi All: Thanks for the encouragement and I'm sure going to try and get out there this year.

The '06 is a great rifle and I had one once before, Browning auto. It went by-by in the split up back a few years ago . . . all in all a good thing but miss the rifle. gun)

The 7MM is just a fantasy of mine . . . I'd love to do a great custom build just once and that's why I'm considering it. Sort of like when I picked up and fondled an EB Kobra Carry at the LGS (the owner smiled when he handed it to me). The darned thing haunted me until I bought one and no regrets. For me, a nicer 1911 45ACP hasn't been built. I can shoot 2 or 200 rounds and it's always the same: points well, breaks like thin glass, and has a mystic that's just hard to describe. If I were to carry, that would be my main squeeze.

Take care,

R :)

Hi All: Thanks for the encouragement and I'm sure going to try and get out there this year.

The '06 is a great rifle and I had one once before, Browning auto. It went by-by in the split up back a few years ago . . . all in all a good thing but miss the rifle. gun)

The 7MM is just a fantasy of mine . . . I'd love to do a great custom build just once and that's why I'm considering it. Sort of like when I picked up and fondled an EB Kobra Carry at the LGS (the owner smiled when he handed it to me). The darned thing haunted me until I bought one and no regrets. For me, a nicer 1911 45ACP hasn't been built. I can shoot 2 or 200 rounds and it's always the same: points well, breaks like thin glass, and has a mystic that's just hard to describe. If I were to carry, that would be my main squeeze.

Take care,

R :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.