Savage, what year is it?

BMF

Can any body ballpark the year if this savage model 12, or 112 as the barrel says? Savage isn't currantly accepting any email question due to high volume. Seems like they would accomidate all inquiries as successfull as they've been in recent years, maybe there's another reason, don't know.The serial number looks like R767348 but I cant find any info on what year it is. Any help would be a Description for Item # 181804806
Used Savage Model 12 chambered in 25-06 with a blued reciever and 26" ss Fluted barrel. barrel has a 2" "answer" muzzle brake install (oal od barrel is 28"). This rifle has an adjustable RIFLE BASIX target trigger installed. bore is in great shape (bight and shiny), no rust on rifle. Has a boyd stock. There are use marks on the wood of the stock (the rear slig stud is missing from the stock, there is one in the forearm of the stock), rifle has black rubber recoil pad and scope mounts installed. POSTAL MONEY ORDER ONLY or VISA/MC over the phone (No Fees for CC use). Michigan Add 6% sales tax, Shipping (USPS) with insurance is $30.00 (original 48 states only, AK, HI please call for shipping costs)
transparentcorner_topleft.gif
Pictures for Item # 181804806 1:
pix2311009015.jpg
2:3:
pix2311008890.jpg
4:
pix2311008625.jpg
5:
pix2311008500.jpg
6:7:

transparentcorner_topleft.gif
More Great Auctions from williamsgunshop A+(345) ppreciated.

Looks a lot like a 112 BVSS to me. I have it's 7mmMAG brother:

Savage112BVSSin7mmRemMagC-RS.jpg

I don't know when Savage stopped making them. The rifle weighs 13 lbs with the scope on it. Recoil is not an issue with the 7mag cartridge.

Fitch

My 112BVSS in .300 WinMag looks like yours. Blued action/w stainless barrel. Yours is pre-AccuTrigger as the tang safety is the rectangular type. Savage went with a bigger, oval, tear shaped safety when they brought out the AccuTrigger. Hence the reason for the Rifle Basix aftermarket trigger. Good trigger, by the way, I have one on mine also. JohnnyK.

Savage isn't currantly accepting any email question due to high volume. Seems like they would accomidate all inquiries as successfull as they've been in recent years,

Keep that crap up for too long and they may not be so successful. At the least they should accept all inquirys and backlog them...better yet get every qualified person irregardless of the job including management and have them dedicate 1 hour a day from their normal job to help the folks normally tasked with answering emails.

Why do you need to know how old it is?

I have a 110 that is about 40 years old, it swaps all the parts with the Stainless 116 that I got 3 months ago.

The 25-06 is a long action. They haven't changed bolt spacing or anything on the long actions.

I guess I'm just curious. Also so one day, years down the road, I can say I have a model 12 that is xx years old and it swaps parts with one I bought 3 month ago

The only way I know my rifle is that old is because is has the Remington style recessed breach and different style extractor. They quit making them in 1967.

Since then, all the long action parts interchange, mostly.:D

I've never put my hands on this rifle,just seen pics. I can only guess that it's atleast 8yrs old,because they probably would'nt of replaced an accu trigger. The seller does't know the round count through it, because he got it on cosignment, just that the bore was clean. So trying to get an approximate age is one of the factors in determining the value. Even though the age of a rifle doesn't matter in the quality, and the manner it was kept, but thats all I've got. So far.

IIRC, Savage shuts down for 2 weeks around this time of year.....July/August.

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.