Is cfe223 powder sensitive to cold?

I found it to be sensitive enough to notice, but as mentioned, in normal hunting ranges for a cartridge you would use it in, not so much.

I would say if loading to the top end, be cautious during the warmer months, or develop when it is warm and you won't worry about it being over in the cooler temps.

I found it to be like RL 17 though. Developed the load when warm out and then it went to pot when it was cold. No patience for those types of behavior, I can deal velocity loss, but not the way it groups.
I like this advice, develop a load with CFE in the temp ranges you need it to work.

All my stories are long, but we shot CFE 223 in a 6mm Dasher all summer long practicing for hunting, and it was impressive. Then a cold September day after school, 30 degree temp drops from our normal outings and things got ugly, real ugly quickly.
So much so that it was easier to just develop a new load with a more stable powder, than try to gather data for upcoming situations. There was no time left to do so.

Recent Posts