Is a Lee Classic Turret strong enough.

jimisbell

When I bought my Savage 112 Lapua 338 I decided that I needed to reload just for the cost savings if nothing else. So at the same time I ordered the gun I ordered a set of two dies for my Lee Classic turret.
Since then I have been doing some reading and saw a comment that the Lee Turret loader my not be strong enough to load Large rifle cartridges. Just point blank, is this true or not ?

Lee makes a few different turret presses, the Classic is built a lot heavier than the less expensive one.

I think the Breach Lock or Lock-n-Load quick change bushing systems give most of the convenience of a turret press and a turret press rarely has the stiffness of a good "O" style press so no turret for me.

Your press might be ok for 338 Lapua but it would not be my choice.

I got a lee 4 hole classic turret press for Christmas that I have been loading 300 rum with no problems. Only thing I would be worried about would be run out. If I didn't already have this press I would probably buy a rockchucker or something like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.