iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

I to used exbal for years on my windows mobile phone, seems like a pretty easy transition into this software. I sure do like the iphone a lot more than the windows mobile phones

Hey guys, I'm running some comparison figures against Exbal and my old 300 WM load is way off. I was using the G5 drag model (low base boat tail) for my 180 Accubond. If I switch to a G1 (flat base pointed) profile, the come ups are a lot closer. But still about one MOA difference on the adjustment needed at 1,000 yds. I ran my 308 175 SMK on the G7 profile and it was almost spot on with Exbal. What profile are you guys using for SMK's and Accubonds?

I always used the G1 model with my bergers. The bc on mine was always a little lower than the advertised bc. like the 210 says .631, I believe I had to use .617 to make it match. I know on exbal you can put in the amount you missed by and it will recalculate itself to make it match at that distance.

I went back and tried the 175 SMK again with the G7 and it was way off of the Exbal. Last night when I ran this for my 308, I thought I set it for G7 but I guess not. I ran both bullets again today with G1 and they are real close to Exbal. Both show close to one MOA less come up at 1,000 yds with FTE. I can't wait to do a field comparison with both, have to wait for some better weather.

I know on mine I input the exact same condition I use with exbal. I noticed it was different but then I noticed it was compensating for current atmosphere. When i set the atmo to same input on exbal they were the same. If you have current atmo on it will be a little differ every time you look at it because it is compensating for the current atmo. I finally tried it this morning and at 1025yrds it was right on. My exbal said 21.6 moa and fte said 21.5 I dialed the 21.5 and it was a hit

if you use another drag function other than G1, wouldn't you have to change the B.C. too? on mine, it doesn't seem to change it automatically. is there a formula to convert from one to the other?

Yes the bc will be differ for each drag function.

For instance my 90 berger G1 = .551 : G7 = .281

210 berger G1 = .631 : G7 = .323

Mikebob, think I got it figured out. Both programs are actually pretty close together for drops. Hope to try it out if weather clears up.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.