Anyone using iphone ballistics programs for shot angle?

rifletuner

Many of the ballistic apps on the market will use the iphone (or whatever device) to provide angle input when calculating the shooting solution. While I like the idea of this, I wonder how accurate it is. Can anyone comment from experience? Has anyone verified the input from a device vs something like an angle cosign indicator?

I use BulletDrop+....You input all your own data, it does the calculations. It's accurate for me so far. I haven't had a chance to really test it way out there, but so far in the shorter distances it has been dead-on.

Basically, if you input accurate data, you get an accurate drops and windage.

I use 'Shooter' on an iPhone.

Compass, azmiuth and angle are spot on.

I put the iPhone on the spotter or scope end bell.

I reset the shot angle only if the angle changes what I think is >0.5 deg and only if there is plenty of time to do so.

I really appreciate how Shooter handles windage.

I use 'Shooter' on an iPhone.

Compass, azmiuth and angle are spot on.

I put the iPhone on the spotter or scope end bell.

Thanks. That gives my enough confidence to at least try it. I am still not sure that I can visualise it, but I guess its time to invest $10 in Shooter and get some hands-on.

I've been using isnipe. It does everything including local weather conditions. I check it of course but its always been close. You can also manually enter data also if you know your bullet drops you can tweak your muzzle velocity or other rifle variables to get your app accurate

I downloaded the Ballistics AE app. My rifle isnt finished yet so i havent got to really test it out but it seems like itd work pretty good to me. Good reviews on it from what Ive seen aswell.

Shooter is awesome. Does all the great stuff the other guy said and will even calculate your muzzle velocity for you. You zero your gun the take a few shots at a know further distance, making scope adjustments until its zeroed there, then input your zero distance and far distance and how many clicks you adjusted and it will output your MV and save it to that profile making the calculations for all distances. Truly priceless for those with out a chrono and more accurate in my opinion.

+1 for iSnipe. Thought about switching to "shooter", but i'm getting accurate results and dont want to fix something that isn't broke.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts