IOR vs Nightforce

I own an IOR 6-24x56mm FFP

I chose it over a nightforce because:
It is ffp
Is in the magnification range I wanted
Is cheaper than the nightforce ffp counterpart
The glass clarity exceeds nightforce

Nightforce are built very well and have a good warranty, and IOR has a good warranry also.

You can't go wrong with either.

It depends on what you want.

I thought about a IOR for a long time, a smith,sniper recommended them to me.Jon A , on this site had one break on him, 3 times I believe, and that model was having problems.H e recently put the warranty scope on the rifle that ate them, while he was waiting for a March scope.The new ones are suppose to be good. I would pm Jon A

008.jpg

These are three of my current scopes,from the top IOR 4-14x50Ultra,NF 3-15x50F1 and 3-12x50 S&B PM2,i can honestly say you will not be disadvantaged by either of these three scopes,i personally prefer mid power scopes for hunting so i can't comment on these scopes in the higher 20x powers but i have sat behind these scopes for hours on bright sunny days and rainy days with fog and to me it's like splitting hairs, with the S&B only having a slight edge ,i am 32 i don't wear glasses and i(thank god)have excellent vision,funny thing is i recently sold a NF 5.5-22 which didn't even compare to any of these in clarity,was it a bad one?Is my current NF freakishly good?I Don't know!
All i can say is i have never sat behind any of these scopes and wished i had the other one,the NF and S&B are well proven scopes mechanically but i have never had any problems with my IOR,in fact it is the only one of my scopes that has taken a hard knock which broke the focus turret but was easily fixed and works perfectly.Pick which ever one suits your budget, reticle preference and turrets and don't look back they are both fine scopes.

I have 2 IOR's and plan on buying another, 3-18 and a 6-24. I have used night force but never owned, and they seem to be very good also. My 3-18 is on a 338 lapua and no problems. The glass is exceptional. I would recommend.

I prefer IOR. For instance they use glass from Schott, the Zeiss owned manufacturer of world´s maybe finest optics glass.

I have owned 4 IOR's and still own one. I have owned many NXS's and still own 3. I would give IOR a couple things over NF. One, the MP-8 reticle is awesome!!!! I wish NF would adopt it. The other is a very slight advantage to clairity. But for sure I would give the NXS, durability, repeatability, zero hold, better feel to turret clicks, general appearence, and tracking.

I like them both but for close to the same price I will go Nightforce when ever possible.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.