IOR Valdada Vs Nightforce NSX

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Prieto9000, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Prieto9000

Prieto9000 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have the opportunity to get a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22X56 and a IOR Valdada 3.5-18X50 for the same price. I just don`t know which one is a better scope. I like the FFP reticle on the IOR but I can`t find as much people saying good stuff about IOR as the NSX. Which one should I get?? It`s for my .338 EDGE

2. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I own both, and I like both. But will take the NXS over the IOR for my needs.

Jeff

4. Prieto9000

Can you explain a little the pros-cons on each that makes you like the NSX better?? I read the thread someone pasted here and some people say the IOR is a little better. I`m not saying you`re wrong. I just don`t want to spend this kind of money without doing extensive research.

I have played a little with the NSX and I like it but haven`t been able to get my hands on the IOR.

If glass quality and tracking is pretty much on pair, for me the FFP would be a tie breaker. I have FFP on 2 Viper PSTs and really love it. We have targets @ the range from 150yds trough 1000yds and it`s pretty fun to start shooting them without having to dial the turrets. I`m happy with my pair of vipers, the downside is that past 20x the image quality is at best acceptable. It gets a little foggy and really dark. Imposible to shoot in low light. This is why I want to upgrade my .338 EDGE scope.

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

First understand I am not going to address the FFP part of these scopes. I do dial my shots and shoot at times past 2000 yards so for this I do not want a FFP scope.

But to compare the differences between the IOR and NXS in basic function here is what I see.

Glass on both is great, so no issues there. I prefer the zero stop that NF has. It is a solid very good working system. I find the turret detents of the NXS to be a little more definite. The IOR is good but I like the feel of the NXS better. I have had one of the IOR's fail in the past. They did replace it but never the less it failed and caused me a little grief. I have never had a NXS fail and I use a ton of them. Todays IOR's are better, at least most of them. But in the past there has been some issues with them (the old blue ring model). I have lost again, the rubber eye piece rings on both IOR's. I need to call and get replacements again. This is common and I will glue the new ones on this time. They fall off easy and get lost if pulling out of a case or back pack.

Like I said, I have both and like both. These are small issues, but my trust and preference goes to Nightforce.

Jeff

6. Prieto9000

Thanks for the input!!!!!