Introduction and Question

GrizzlyClaus

Introducing new member GrizzlyClaus. Have been slipping around and reading past posts for a while now and like what I am seeing from you all in both knowledge and respect for each other. That convinced me to jion in. Have 6 children and 4 grandchildren. That being said you can guess Pap's play money is always in short supply. Anyone have any experience with AIM Sports scopes. Saw several mounted on 50's at the local gun show and price is sure right. No I simply can not afford a $1000 scope. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have you considered Sightron. They make a top quality scope for a very resonable price. What magnification are you looking for?

Hello and welcome. I haven't had a AIM scope and will admit to not seeing one in person, but I did a quick search and found that they are only about 50 bucks for a 3-9. You won't see anyone who is serious about long range hunting (and dialing in on a target) getting by with something that cheap.

With that said, the Nikon Buckmaster is a good buy, so is the Bushnell Elite 3200, or Tasco SuperSniper 10 and 16 power scopes. From what I've seen, these three are pretty good bang for the buck and are about the entry level optic to be able to dial in for shots rather than holding over.

My father and brother inlaw both use Nikon Prostaff scopes and they do hold their POI. I wouldn't trust them to dial range in continuously however. If you are going to simply use a hold over method (not as precise) you can get by with using a much cheaper scope. All ya need is one that will hold it's zero. You will want one that has multiple aiming points in the reticle so you don't have to just guess what 3 feet is at x number yards away. If you want to be able to shoot long distances and are limited on funds, your much better off getting a 3-9 that is clear and tracks well rather than buying a 4.5-16 that is dimn and unreliable. You don't "need" a high power scope to shoot long distances - but you need a good reliable aiming point.

Happy hunting, Britz

:( Ok I should have been a little more specific. The scope in question was a 6x24x42 AO w/ tgt turrets and a psudo Burris posi lok feature. Price was $200. Compared it with Millet and NC Star in same power and it blew both away for clairty and sharpness. I own several Nikkon Pro Staff scopes and it was every bit equal or better than them. I know you get what you pay for. But I also know that you overpay from for name. Spent 17 years in retail management. This will be put on a Rem. 7oo Blued fluted Sendero in 338 Ultra. Just trying to get some imput from someone who may have used one. I am not in a position to spend the money for Nightforce, etc. thanks.:)

Again, I'm not familiar w/ that scope. However, you do pay something for the name, partly because they stand behind thier scopes. leupald and Nikon both have very good reputations w/ costomer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.