Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Looking forward when Hammer build 108gr and 115gr for 6mm or in that grain weight area. I think I am going to move over to copper bullets. In watching and reading about the copper bullet changes over the years it looks like the copper bullets have come into their own. I tried Barnes in early 2000 and put what I had left up on the shelve and never used them again. They didn't group like I wanted and couldn't get the velocity I was looking for.
I don't think we can get that heavy and keep a sleek profile. The 101g Hammer Hunter is on the edge of too long.

I feel that Hammer has come up with something that moves the copper bullet ahead. I tried Barns bullet early 2000, and they were hard to push down the tube and pr
I don't think we can get that heavy and keep a sleek profile. The 101g Hammer Hunter is on the edge of too long.
That understandable. I got a box of 101g coming. Looking forward to using them.

Very wishful thinking! It seems to me that my 30-378 with R-25 or Ramshot Magnum was easy on cases in the the mid 3300's with a 30 inch barrel.

I did lots of calibers in Moly coated. My testing with slicker bullets is that it took more powder to get the same velocity.
This matches kinda what we are seeing with the big boomers. We saw a gain if about 120 fps with the 178g Absolute over what we see with the 181g Hammer Hunter. We typically see about 3400 fps with three 181g and we were able to get 3520 fps with the 178g AH and a few diff powders. When we went to cartridges with larger powder capacity the gains went down even more. Our thinking now is that when the powder capacity gets close to 100g we stop seeing gains.

We will make a 200g 30 cal Absolute and see what happens in the rum. Hunting season starts in two weeks so it may be a bit.

Presently most metals are up. I am a part owner of a recycling business. It's generally raise about this time of the year and that subject to change. There one thing for sure metals prices move up and down.