Internal Magazine

head2h2o

I have a Manners stock that I am going to send back and have them inlet for a Savage 111 in 300 WM. As it currently is, the gun has the detachable magazine that holds 3 rounds. The stock is less than optimal since it is flimsy, which is why I want to replace it with the Manners. The problem that I am having is figuring out how to have an internal magazine on this rifle. I would be willing to look at a detachable magazine, but the factory Savage one is not that great and since this is going to be more of a packing type of rifle, I don't think a Badger is the way to go either. If I did do a detachable magazine, I would like for it to be flush with the bottom of the stock. I have also thought about just having Manners not inlet the magazine well all the way through and have an internal magazine, but then I run into the problem of how to make that happen. Any info would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.