Interbond 129gr

ladebenken

Hello

I have used 147 eld-m a few years now, and have now decided i want a tougher bullet to use in my 6,5-284.

Looking at Interbond, Hornady lists it at .485 G1.
In my applied ballistics app litz has found BC to be at .518G1, and .265 G7

Which is correct?

So do you trust Hornady's information who make the projectile or a Litz/berger app?

Id take the Hornady!

My shooter App has it at .485 G1

Depending how far you want to shoot and how important the BC is to you. I'd look at the 124 Hammer Hunter. I've been very impressed with it this year. I switched to it from the 130 AB. The 130 AB was good as well.

I use the 130 AB's in my 6.5-284 only because they shot slightly better than the Hornady Interbonds. I do intend to try some Hammer bullets as I've been very pleased with them in other cartridges.

JM2C

Well
Litz BC data is Doppler radar verified, and should be correct. I dont think he is inflating the BC for other bullet manufactures, that seems strange.

According to Litz 130gr AB is 0,44 G1, 140 AB is at .462 G1.

Nosler is known for inflating BC.

BC is important for me, thats why i have used 147 ELD-M, but after a few complete bullet failures at 5-600 meters i need another bullet. The problem with interbond is that it need about 600 m/s to expand.

The 129 bond , May not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but it will knock a whitetail on his but at 400 yds. Factory fodder at that! Just saying!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts