Input and feedback requested on a new 6.5 wildcat

Hi Scott! You sound a lot like me:D I just developed a new case this year and plan on chambering several rifles from 6.5 to .308. Right now I have a 6.5 Sherman. It holds the same amount of powder as a WSM only parent case is .270. I CAN SHOOT 140'S AT 3200 WITH A 26" BARREL AND IT'S A TACK DRIVER. Your project will be a lot of work but will also be very rewarding! I think the .293 neck is just right. That way you can turn your necks down about .013 wall thickness and get everything concentric. If you haven't already chosen a reamer manufacturer, I suggest Pacific tool. Also suggest Hornady Custom for dies. Call Lonnie Hummel at Hornady and tell him Rich Sherman sent you. He is VERY knowledgable and a great old guy to talk to. Be sure to tell Dave Kiff at Pacific (or whoever you use) to design the lead for the particular bullet you are going to shoot. Angle of bullet into lands affects accuracy. I wouldn't go less than .2645 on the lead as you can quickly build pressure and thereby lose velocity. Don't be discouraged when people tell you that you are not creating anything that there isn't already a ballistic equal. That's not the point. IT'S YOURS! Have fun and let me know how it goes.....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.