inletting this stock for criterion light varmint?

Bigeclipse

Hey guys...im wondering if you think I can inlet this stock to float a criterion light varmint size savage barrel or if you think it will be too much for the stock? Not sure if removing lots of material from a stock is bad. This stock is intended for a standard sporter savage barrel.

Attachments

• BC2960.jpeg
    BC2960.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 148
Shouldn't be. I had my smith inlet my Medalist stock for a Remington Varmint/Sendero contour barrel for my .30-06 A.I. build. Worked perfectly. Looks awesome, too.

Shouldn't be. I had my smith inlet my Medalist stock for a Remington Varmint/Sendero contour barrel for my .30-06 A.I. build. Worked perfectly. Looks awesome, too.

There are a couple different bell and carlson medalists...was yours the same as mine for a sportier barrel similar to the picture or do you have the more tactical/longrange one?

There are a couple different bell and carlson medalists...was yours the same as mine for a sportier barrel similar to the picture or do you have the more tactical/longrange one?
Regular model for sporter barrel, just like the one in your first post.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.