inexpensive accurate scope for inexpensive accurate rifle

Litehiker

So I bought a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting, some of it long range such as for coyote and mule deer in Nevada.

I put a 20 MOA Picatinny rail on the receiver and began searching for a scope.
Problem was I was spoiled by my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 scope with FFP that I have on my Ruger Precision Rifle.
I wanted a mil/mil scope with FFP for less than $600. Soon I discovered that was nearly impossible.

Finally I found an SWFA 3 -15 X 42 scope with mil/mil AND FFP on sale for $537. with shipping. It was $100. less thnt regular price from SWFA.
I got it and am very pleased at the glass, the SWFA patent mil reticle and the accurate turret clicks. I'd never heard of SWFA before but some guys on the 6.5 Creedmoor site put me on to SWFA, thankfully.

Yeah, SWFA isn't well known because their money goes into product rather than advertising. Think what Vortex or Bushnell scopes would cost without advertising.

So next time you want a decent scope for a good price consider SWFA.

Eric B.

So I bought a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting, some of it long range such as for coyote and mule deer in Nevada.

I put a 20 MOA Picatinny rail on the receiver and began searching for a scope.
Problem was I was spoiled by my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 scope with FFP that I have on my Ruger Precision Rifle.
I wanted a mil/mil scope with FFP for less than $600. Soon I discovered that was nearly impossible.

Finally I found an SWFA 3 -15 X 42 scope with mil/mil AND FFP on sale for $537. with shipping. It was $100. less thnt regular price from SWFA.
I got it and am very pleased at the glass, the SWFA patent mil reticle and the accurate turret clicks. I'd never heard of SWFA before but some guys on the 6.5 Creedmoor site put me on to SWFA, thankfully.

Yeah, SWFA isn't well known because their money goes into product rather than advertising. Think what Vortex or Bushnell scopes would cost without advertising.

So next time you want a decent scope for a good price consider SWFA.

Eric B.

Eric,

I have the 5-20 on my .300 WSM and I too very pleased with it.

Not sure if you've seen this but here's a very nice video review of your scope ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/9fe4l_CAthI?t=4[/ame]

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

"inexpensive accurate scope for inexpensive accurate rifle"

When I purchased a very inexpensive Savage .223 I also bought a Burris Signature 8-32X. About 2,000 rounds the group started opening up. I figured, based on my experience with belted magnums the barrel was shot out. Bob asked me, "What caliber is it?" When I told him it was a .223 he informed me they will last 10,000 rounds and I needed to replace the scope. I installed a very inexpensive Tasco World Class 6-24X scope. The very next 100 yard five shot group measured .312".

That is a excellent example of "inexpensive accurate scope for inexpensive accurate rifle."

I have a bunch of SWFA scopes, fixed powers and the 5-20x HD. They all track great and have lots of adjustment, and the 5-20x is AWESOME. I would say competes well with an NXS, but better glass.

Their 3-9xHD is a pretty awesome optic. FFP, mil/mil, decent glass and solid ruggedness. Turrets are a little tall by conventional hunting scope standards but not by LR hunting standards. They're right at 600 bucks. I've eval'd them before. Really solid optic for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.