In the Ear? Really???

Brewer:

ME?...Too much time?

Nawww...just filling in the days. Actually, my wife claims I'm the only person she's ever heard of failing retirement.

Why don't you take what I've already started and run with it. Have already found my next project. Besides, I hand cut all that fluting with a Dremel moto-tool and a small carbide ball tipped engraving tool and my hands are still sore.

But, am going to be interested in what others have to say. If anyone responds! Quietest bunch of lurkers I have ever seen! QUIT Lurketing and join the discussion!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

Well, 144 views in less than 36 hours and one single post!

What a bunch of losers. Bet all you lurkers sit around flipping the TV remote button all night trying to master the art of becoming a couch Potato! Well, you're succeeding!

Hey Coy, have you heard from djones? Starting to worry! He's not been out of the limelight this long before and is probably going through withdrawal pains. Whatever, I hope it's not serious.

Probably just snorted a bad batch of Milo dust or can't get away from the mirror admiring his new Packrat Tee shirt! Sure enhances his looks, but then, so would wearing a gunny sack over his head!

Brewer, if you follow through with varying the fluting, have you realized that you could eliminate rifling in the barrels altogether? Different flutes, different spin for different applications! Go with it! May need a sabot though! Just remember my percentage of the take!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

Brewer:
Hurry, Just remembered that anything posted on this site becomes the intellectual property of LRH, so they may be racing to get the bullets out first! ( Read terms of use of this site) Guess i shouldn't have sold all my tools!

Packrat

pak,
i've been too embarrassed to show up without any pics. i've been helping friends try to get a hog lately and it's been a trying effort. one buddy who owns a chain of fast food restaurants finally got a pretty good hog.

jack_zps1a663001.jpeg

i have not been successful helping another buddy score. he blew a shot at a VERY good hog... giant, black, furry with a monster chest and head. i know he had impressive cutters. it was the kind of hog that makes you grin from ear to ear when you boast the pic. well, he missed from under 100 yards. i'll try to call in a coyote for him tonight and see how that goes.

i think you're putting coy on the spot asking him if he's heard from me. he may not want to admit that in public.

as far as the lack of viewers, perhaps i'll start another thread that actually fills pages with kill pics; you know, to fool everyone into looking. you can continue this one with your research projects, even if it's by yourself.

Those research projects were germinated by trying to keep people coming back while you were apparently out running around the country, ignoring your shooting public.

However, if you want to start a new thread, go ahead. Am curious to see what kind of views you get with 2 pictures a month! On the other hand, I have quite a collection of emails from other members telling me to stop picking on you so figured it was about time to go anyway!

Nice hog though and I seem to recognize your friend...McDonalds, right? Looks like your rifle though, and your jacket and your grin. Hmmmmm. Going incognito?

As far as Coy, you're right, My apologies Coy, didn't mean to put you on the spot!

As far as your other friend, isn't it amazing that the one that gets away is always the biggest and best in the whole county? Would have liked to see the picture though!

Anyway, it's been fun, at least for me.

Adios, Sayonara, Auf Wiesdersehn, Chio...I do speak 7 languages fluently, unfortunately, only 3-4 words in each language, but i DO speak those words fluently!

Packrat, I have an idea for a totally automated hamberger maker and fast food kitchen. I about spent $10000 on a patent but my wife said she would leave me if I did. so I guess I am giving the idea to LRH so if they decide to make some moeny on this idea, it will just go to a good cause.

as far as DJ, that had looks like mine and I havnt seen that one for about two weeks now. I wonder where he got it... make me wonder...

you got to the range yet Packrat?

Packrat, don't worry about djones. Milo dust has a short withdrawal time.

As far as putting me on the spot. If you will go back several pages you will see me with djones so its too late to be embarrassed. He is an excellent teacher about night hunting. The most dedicated hunter I've ever met and a very respected and true friend. If you hunt with djones it's you first, then him!

... Am curious to see what kind of views you get with 2 pictures a month!
you can't leave now. i've got my quota for january so i'm going to coast. you'll have to take it the rest of the way. try this for whatever ails you...

butthurtcream_zps4ee5b0f6.jpg

buddy had to cancel the coyote hunt, so i doubled back to the hog spot. unbelievably the hog he shot at the other evening was back. i guess he hit it cause it had a broken leg. he was easy pickins.

IMG_0004b_zpscf9bf19c.jpg

moved on to another spot and found 6 black hogs. they all looked pretty good and i was sure i would be able to get several. it was so dark i had to use the illuminator, but without any wind the smoke just trickled out the suppressor and reflected the ir light back in my eye. one shot was all i got. pretty good hog none the less.

IMG_0022b_zps36e79966.jpg

Nice hogs djones. I don't remember ever having a hog return after a crippling shot. He must have been hungry and there was no where else to eat.

Packrat, my coons are starting to get trap wise so I'm going to revert back to my hog gun so pelts will suffer extensively. And wouldn't you know it, I'm just a few short for finishing your jacket. I'm going to have to move my hog lights to a different feeder so I can use my deer hunters fancy enclosed blind that has the heater.

I went to Cabellas yesterday and my grand kids wanted me to wear a coon skin cap they had for sale. I thought it was pretty neat till I remembered reading that horned owls will attack a head wearing a fur hat especially when calling predators. We have LOTS of horned owls so that went out the door.

OK, OK, OKAY!...ENOUGH ALREADY!..Stop the PM's, Stop the emails …I'll come back, but First I need to reply to some of the messages:

djones: While flattered by your offer to "Kiss my a** at high Noon in front of the Capital building in Austin" shows me the extent of your desperation, but I have to decline for the following reasons: 1) I've told you repeatedly, it's not my style, 2) Politicians viewing the act would only surmise that you were running for public office in a close race and needed my vote, 3) I'm NOT about to bend over in front of you, and finally 4) My wife and I have already made plans for Valentine's day.

In fact, I've got to confess that some of your references leave me puzzled. For instance, the one at the top of the last post..???? I've been trying to figure out if your references are a Generational gap thing or a result of totally different lifestyles…….???????

And another thing, you must be really getting desperate if you're claiming crippled hogs now, and in the last picture, at least take the radio tracking device off before you post the picture! You don't want everyone knowing you put them on piglets then track them down when they get bigger for a Photo shoot!

Coy Franks: Oh well, I had already given up on the idea of a coonskin coat. However, my wife has always wanted a Mink coat so do you guys have Mink? Can you change the bait around a little and attract them? Would be willing to assist, like say, pay the postage on it……:D

Brewer: Won't get the rifle back from the gunsmith until late this coming week. Also, don't intend to test the modifications at the range. Will drive out somewhere in the country.

Finally, to those that know whom you are: May I suggest that you go establish carnal relations with a waterfowl!

NOW………Everyone STOP the PM's and emails! Got my computer completely clogged up with em!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

OK, for once a serious question...

Is anyone having trouble clicking between various parts of LRH? The last couple of days, been having problems mainly on LRH, but once on another site with the screen locking up and not letting me move between pages. I don't know if I've got a glitch in programming, but haven't added any new ones, the computer mouse is dying or what.....Mouse shouldn't be dying it's only 12 years old, but I suspect that the click button is wearing out.

Anyone else having problems?

Packrat

Packrat said:
...Finally, to those that know whom you are: May I suggest that you go establish carnal relations with a waterfowl!
pak - i gotta ask... were you a motivational speaker before you retired?

shot1_zps95f4b9d1.jpg

I will admit, Packrat has a unique ability to communicate in a very motivational way. poor duck...

djones: pak - " i gotta ask... were you a motivational speaker before you retired?"

When working on government contracts to avoid problems with oversight, in some cases, I had to learn how to express myself in ways that left people wondering what I had said, until later when they finally figured it out, if they ever did. It was amazing that when it was said, people would just stand there and smile and politely nod their heads with a puzzled expression.

Quite a few of these were the blustery, officious types that had only been promoted because of the time they had spent in Governmental or other services, but in civilian life would have been the type to try and Hijack a Submarine and ask for a million Dollars and 2 parachutes.

The trick is to be able to tell them to go to H*ll, in such a way as to make them look forward to the trip. What I found really funny, was that Women aides picked up on it much faster than their bosses because they actually listened to what was being said and more than once had female aides go into convulsive coughing spells to hide the fact they were trying not to laugh out loud when I insulted their bosses intelligence.

Don't get me wrong, there are some very, very capable people in governmental service and there are some real dunderheads. It sometimes seems that the dunderheads always seem to get promoted, because they know how to suck up or have better political connections or just last out those that are capable, who can't take it any more.

As far as motivational, I can only point out the direction, it's up to the individual to decide whether to drive that road or not.

My sermon tomorrow will be on.............................!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

For those of you that ordered Packrat Tee shirts, we are working as fast as we can to get the orders out. In fact should have the second one completed by the end of next week! Only 46 left to go!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.