In the Ear? Really???

I absolutely love this picture....Just the Hog lying there, nothing else in the picture except a pair of eyes in kind of a blurred background....Must be a Yote back there! Kind of has to be, never saw eyes that beady except on a yote! Well at least djones isn't sitting back there with a huge grin :D
Djones.jpg

Sorry Mr. Jones, the only camouflage pattern I have is as shown below. Could be worn at night in case you get thrown out of your truck again and someone has to come and find you.

Bright White/Bright White camouflage pattern with the contact edges blended in by hand. A very difficult pattern to achieve.
PAckrat tee shirts.jpg

Have added to the product line though..Packrat Mug.jpg
Handmade by Texas farmers looking to supplement their income through the winter.

Ya'll have a nice day now!

Mouse.gif

Don't know what happened to Mr Jones. Hope he didn't get hurt in that truck wreck! Actually he is probably just waking up from celebrating New Years.

I've heard that he knows how to party hearty! Last year he apparently would have made it though the whole celebration unscathed if someone hadn't stepped on his hand as he was leaving!.....:D

If the next hogs he shows, has straw coming out of it's mouth, then we know he's been down in the barn, stuffing those hogs like I told him. Probably getting too ripe to take any more pictures of in their present condition!

Waiting patiently, but in the meantime, view numbers are dropping! May have to fly over and see what is happening......Prop Plane.gif

Packrat

Mouse.gif

pakpigs_zpsff94dda6.jpg

well pak flew in to check on me all right. he offered to trade some snow camo gear from his new clothing lineup in exchange for a pig hunt. what choice did I have?

after a bit of scouting, we saw a decent herd and suited up. a hundred yards or so into the stalk, he said he had to whizz. wow… really? after fumbling around he said his winky wasn't long enough to stick out past his pants AND the jump suit. I told him to rip the suit, get into a pushup position and try not to make a mess. he said he couldn't do a pushup but would get on all fours and try. I didn't watch, but seeing the pic, I guess it worked.

after another hundred yards it was time to setup for shooting. he said his trigger finger was frozen and he couldn't move it. I said I usually take off my gloves and breathe on my fingers to warm them up. unfortunately, his cold weather face mask prevented him from blowing on his fingers. however, he said he had another spot that was 98.6 degrees he would try. whisky tango foxtrot!!!??? (that's *** for those of you that don't habla).

I watched the pigs steadily graze towards us while he warmed his finger. every time i asked if his finger was ready he'd just look at me with a grin and say, "just a little longer". however, the pigs were almost upon us. it was now or never. he told me to go ahead and sweep them. I started on one end and got as many as I could before they were out of sight. pak went back to the truck to get warm while I gathered them up.

he was excited to see how many pigs I got and said all he really wanted was to get in a pic with me. well… this one's for you pak!

Too funny and very good photoshopping...Maybe not even photoshopping...Looks like you printed up 8 1/2 x 11 Packrat pictures, cut them out and pasted them on the front of your camo suits and the hats.

Love the Packrat hats, nice touch, since I don't hardly ever wear a hat, never thought of doing hats...Good idea!...will have to get those into production. Also, disposable camo suits, great idea for repeat customers, but not sure I like the idea of you using my copyrighted White on White camo without a release...Next thing you'll be having your trucks painted up that way!

I don't know who the guy is in the packrat camo suit, but he don't look like me at all! He looks a lot like one of the farmers I've got making mugs for the new product line. For the future, if you're going to have someone impersonate me, at least get the rifle right!...And just for the record, the Magneto in the plane is down so can't fly anywhere!

Nice haul of hogs, and glad to see that you are finally not using your computer to enlarge them so far out of proportion.

Well now, maybe I won't have to carry this thread by myself anymore. ****, I thought I told you to divide the pigs up so that you got several posts out of them rather than just this one....Ya never listen...No marketing skills at all...No wonder you're living in Texas!.....:D

Anyway, got a new tee shirt made up just for you! eat_sleep_hog_hunt_light_tshirt.jpg

Packrat

Mouse.gif

Packrat, If there was ever anything true said about djones your t-shirt says it. The only thing I could recommend to change about it would be to delete the "Hog". If all animals disappeared djones would hunt Red Ants with an icepick.

ha. for a minute I thought you were going to say leave off the eat and sleep!

shovel_zps35ec16cc.jpg

saw several hogs across a half mile circle with the help of the full moon. road was still frozen and too crunchy to drive up. walked along side stepping on broom weeds whenever I could. this wasn't the biggest, but it was the biggest that I had a shot at. three kept looking at me so I went ahead and took the shot. didn't want to spend another round unnecessarily, so finished it off with a shovel. for a while there I wasn't sure I was going to get it back.

Coy,
Yea, I've pretty much came to that conclusion myself. Not only hunt the Red Ants, but be carrying toothpicks in his pocket so he could prop their mouth open for a picture! And then using whatever Photo enhancement program he's got making them look the size of large dogs in the picture and claiming the toothpick is an fence post that just happened to be laying there!
BTW, how's my Raccoon coat coming...you did remember right?...42 R....:D

djones: Good thing you got that shovel back, you need it desperately to shovel all the cr*p you throw out on this thread! Nice hog though....Gotta go, am redesigning your tee shirt more in line with your true personality...!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

Packrat,

The coon harvest is in full swing. Of the 20 that I have pictures of at two feeders we've got 7. Trapped one in my implement barn and shot one in the backyard in addition to these. The backyard one was a throw away because a BT at 10 feet is not too good on hides. The rest are in storage in my CRP field. You don't have any coon hounds do you???

Packrat,

The coon harvest is in full swing. Of the 20 that I have pictures of at two feeders we've got 7. Trapped one in my implement barn and shot one in the backyard in addition to these. The backyard one was a throw away because a BT at 10 feet is not too good on hides. The rest are in storage in my CRP field. You don't have any coon hounds do you???

Unfortunately, I don't have any hounds! With the nature of my previous job, we were transferred so often moving with a dog complicated things. We have lived in CA, (3 contracts) NV, WA, LA,(2 contracts) MI back to WA, MD, back to WA again and then to AZ. Each contract was a different location in each state. Now planning on moving back to WA and my wife thinks we are too old for a dog at 71. Never too old for a good dog!

But I really like dogs and want another one. With all the Great-grandkids, (7) (Darn grand kids took to sex like they invented it and fortunately all were married) think I want another Golden Retriever. Not really good for ground hunting, but great for the kids. Still got two grandkids in the teen's (12 - 17) that haven't started pumping out more Great grandkids yet. About go broke at Christmas, but love every minute of it.

Oh well, just can't start the roaring 20's over again, I guess. Those Raccoon's in your posts are some of the fattest that I think I've ever seen. I think David Jones wants a hunt, but get all the domestic animals under lock and key first. I don't think he'd intentionally shoot them, but if one started running from the sound of gunfire, his instincts would take over and he'd have to try and lead it far enough to drop it!

Well, anyway, thanks and keep the pictures of both the Grandkids and the raccoons coming. Here's a preview of the new djones tee shirt!

elmer_fudd_ready_to_hunt.jpg
click to enlarge

Packrat

Mouse.gif

the fatties were grazing in a failed milo field, so I dropped her down a gear and floored it. when she got up to about 50mph I set the cruise and sat in the open window, steering with my feet. the little guy was the slowest and first to go down. then I caught up to the sow and riddled her with bullets. the boar, however, was lean and mean. when I pulled up along side, he rammed the front end, ejecting me out of the cab. I held the rifle high and sacrificed my body to save it. lucky for me I'm tough as nails.

hogs2_zps280ecb81.jpg

the boar got caught up under the suspension and the truck was doing doughnuts on top of him. it was no small feat getting back in and shutting it down. miraculously the boar was still alive, albeit still pinned under the front end. in fact, he bit off a tie rod trying to free himself. now a bullet was too good for him. I introduced his beak to the heel of my boot… about half a dozen times, and that took care of that! only problem was I had to drive home making right turns only. fortunately they teach that at a&m.

link2_zps602f2ded.jpg
He should have been mounted that way! gun)

WildRose: "He should have been mounted that way!"

Are you talking about djones or the hog?

Packrat

Click to enlarge
He shot at me.jpg
Life in Mr. Jones neighborhood

Mouse.gif

Well, went to the mailbox this morning, still no check!. Must be an accounting problem at LRH...:)

Been three days since djones posted so it is either one of the following. He's out trying to find something to shoot, and getting desperate enough that the neighbors cows are starting to look good, the power to his chicken coop went out and he can't access the internet (Post 116) or he overdosed on the Milo dust he's been snorting or is back to the denatured alcohol and has been in la -la land for the last couple of days. Just really no telling. Doggone it, he always leaves me in the lurch, trying to keep the views built up on this site!

Anyway, trying to find something to fill in, ran across this picture from way back about 6-7 years ago. My wife and I were on the way to MD. and stopped in at my brothers house in Texas when he got a call from a friend of his up in Leon County, Texas. Seems he needed someone to come up and take out this big Alligator that had been eating his stock. By time we got there, someone had already gotten the Alligator. Seems his friend had put out a reward and got smothered in hunters like a back alley mongrel gets covered in fleas.
Big George - Alligator.jpg
click on picture to enlarge.

Anyway posted this picture so watch, next picture from djones will have him with a hog so big, he's got the mouth propped open with a telephone poles, wires still attached, he he'll be standing in the hogs mouth leaning against the telephone pole! If there was any justice, that hog would take one big last inhalation, but probably not going to happen. I'm never that lucky!....:rolleyes:

Anyway, stay tuned, he'll be back! Eventually!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

OK, people, I've got a problem and need someone with a little more ballistics expertise to help me out.

When my brother was here last month, he brought his Remington 7 mm Mag for a spring replacement. We fixed it and then when he went home, he forgot and left a box of Winchester 150 Gr rounds here for the rifle. Well, being the naturally inquisitive and mainly bored person I am, decided to experiment with the rounds a little and see if I could improve on them, so, not remembering if the rifle had a left or right hand twist to the rifling, I cut flutes into bullets themselves to see if maybe the fluting would help impart a little more spin and stabilize the bullet. I cut 5 right hand twist and 5 left hand twist flutes into the bullets. Now these flutes, since I had never done it before, had about a ½ twist, meaning they went around the bullet ½ of the way. Then I sent them to my brother last week.

He had told me he had about a 150# boar that was precise in its movements and came down the same road every evening about the same time. Day before yesterday, he grabbed one of the bullets I had sent him and when the hog got about 75 yards away, fired one of the rounds I had sent him. Well he apparently got the wrong twist and he told me the bullet went about 25' and came to a dead stop, then dropped in the dust on the road and had stopped so fast that the air friction almost melted the bullet. He told me it was so hot is glowed for 3 hours and singed bushes 3' away! Also said the hog appeared to be smirking as it detoured off into the brush.

This evening, he counted the bullets found he only had four of one kind so grabbed one of the other ones, loaded and said he hit the hog directly dead center as it faced him. The bullet had so much spin that it spun that hog about 10' in the air, spinning like an airplane propeller. He said he could only see the snout spinning, the rest was just a blur, and when it final slowed down and dropped to the earth, still had so much spin it rolled a trail through the grass, brush and small tree's for about 300'.

So, do I need to reduce the depth of the fluting or maybe straighten out the twist a little?

Packrat

Mouse.gif

Packrat, I think you have too much time on your hands...

but, you could be on to something here. I think you should cut them so they have more spiral, like try an entire roatation on a single bullet. I am wondering if you could actually produce a small tornado so if you missed your target, the twister would get um and spit it out the top. and then if the whole family was about the place, it would work some what like a shotun or 500 bomb!:)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.