Improving the 308 Win performance

I feel like this thread is causing the "ignore" button to get banged harder than a Freshman on Prom night

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

But seriously y'all. 150 BD2, 308 Win AR-10.... any help here?

Last edited:
In a (probably vain) attempt to keep this thread on topic...has anyone tried Hammer Bullets in 308. Specifically the 151 absolute hammer. HB says that the AB line doesn't line up with conventional load data and results in much faster velocities. In fact on the web page they reference "3200fps out of a 308".
I'm curious if anyone has experience with this. If so what barrel length is needed to achieve it?

I did read the entire thread. I may have glossed over some of the comments, but it just blows my mind that someone is getting 3100-3200 fps with 150 gr pill in a 308win.
If I were to try and replicate these claims I would certainly want to be measuring my primer pocket expansion along the way. Decap the batches and stop when they grow more than 1 thou.

In a (probably vain) attempt to keep this thread on topic...has anyone tried Hammer Bullets in 308. Specifically the 151 absolute hammer. HB says that the AB line doesn't line up with conventional load data and results in much faster velocities. In fact on the web page they reference "3200fps out of a 308".
I'm curious if anyone has experience with this. If so what barrel length is needed to achieve it?

I'd say the best thing for you would join up over at HammerTime forum. The Hammerheads over there will get you sussed out. :cool:

I'd say the best thing for you would join up over at HammerTime forum. The Hammerheads over there will get you sussed out. :cool:
I'll take a look at it thanks.
I have a 308 barrel that I'm thinking about cutting down for a suppressor, so I'm looking at options to get the best velocity I can out of it.

Recent Posts