Impressive results with Berger 230 gr OTM

highridge1

I have wanted to try the Berger 230 Hybrid OTM in my 300 Ultra so I loaded up a few the other day and was impressed to the least. My first 3 rounds at 100 yards were in the .3's and I was pretty shocked at the velocity. I have a 30 inch barrel so was hoping for around 3000-3050 well chronographed them and it is running 3175 fps !! No pressure problems at all.Didn't believe the chronograph at first so shot another rifle with a known velocity and it was accurate. I didn't have many rounds loaded so I picked out a rock at 804 yards and a rock at 1050 and smacked them both. Now I am excited to load up some more of these and work with them for some long range accuracy. I am seating them at 3.810 and using RL25 powder. Glad I just had a wyatts extended mag box installed !!

Good for you!! Hard to beat a heavy truely high BC quality bullet. They shoot lights out for us too. Even from the 300 wins. nice to see the very visable dust cloud off the rocks too. They hit hard and leave a mark!! . :cool:

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts