I'm Stumped and need help

Biz builder, Ive currently got 3 sako 85,s. Have had similar problems to yours as well. In my case it turned out to be a scope problem, this was verified after changing to a known reliable scope.

One thing I have found with lighter weight rifles (esp magnums ) is your benchrest technique becomes a little more critical than with the heavier rifles that I was used to use. Not saying it will fix your problem,but its well worth you doing a search on this forum/ or others on say "benchrest shooting light weight hunting rifles" or something similar....

I will go out on a limb and bet the action screws were loose. Let us know what the shop finds out.

As an update - I heard back from the shop at Sako. I talked with the rep there multiple times and it sounds as though there was something amiss with the action. Sako sent out a new rifle that just arrived and I'm looking forward to remounting the scope and getting it out on the range this weekend. We'll see how it goes with the new rifle!

I have to give kudos to the Sako team. They are seriously great to work with. Very communicative, knowledgeable and helpful. I tend to be a hard guy to impress, and I was really pleased with the way the Sako guys approached the challenge.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.