If your oldee is recoil getting to you

My Polar and Brown Bear friends are calling BS on that and they said their Lion and Cape Buffalo pals agree with them for the first time ever. Why don't you try it and let us know how it works. Be sure and put the needmore in your will for someone. There's a name for those that think a needmore is fine for everything including the tops of the food chain - you're dinner.

It's a disease…..that interrupts the conscience thought process! 🤔 😉 memtb

I don't see how you guys do it without blinding and deafening concussion trauma, Victor 3.
A .50 BMG is about 3x more than I like, I don't care if it weighs 40lbs it ought to have a blast shield. Those airwaves have some knockdown power too, on us.
Or shockwave I guess is more accurate
Oh believe me, it's a brutal beast behind the 50, I don't care if I ever get behind one ever again, the blast directly behind the trigger isn't as bad as what the spotter has to deal with as far as the shockwave. However, the repeated kick along with the blast for the trigger puller is brutal especially if you aren't 6' plus and 200+lbs.

My 7mags, 300wm, and 7stw with breaks are nice to shoot with good breaks on them.

I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders...and I'm 39...(Oil field and motocross got me)...as I've gotten older I'm switching to putting muzzle brakes on everything and also have been shooting a lot of smaller cases...6xc for example..I still hunt with magnums but on my factory rifles I've taken to put witt machines clamp on muzzle brakes on them...my 300 win shooting Berger 205's and my 7mm rem mag shooting sierra 160's are a dream to shoot..no joke my 308 br gun shooting 125 Bergers kicks harder...all my customs wear muzzle brakes..I've never felt handicapped hunting with them...I just carry my electronic ear muffs and have them tied to my backpack...as soon as I see game I pop them on so I'm ready to rock.

Severed all four tendons in my right rotator when 50. Had to be reattached differently, but works OK today at 76. Then I had a torn retina and the doctor told me all I had to do if it totally severed was get to him within 24 hours and he could reattach it. Scared me because I was booked for a Cape Buffalo hunt in Africa in a couple of months. So muzzlebrake was put on my 375 H&H and Global Rescue was paid up to haul me out if need be. Everything went well. Got my buff and had no retina issues. I kept the muzzle brake on.
I did settle for the 375 H&H being my dangerous game rifle because I cannot handle anything heavier recoiling any more. I have tried 416 Rigby and Remington, and 458 Lott. Just more than I can handle. Besides I can get two shots off with the 375 H&H before I can even get back on target with the heavier recoilers.
Best of luck if you hunt a brownie with that 6.5! Having been within 30 feet of them, I believe a bigger bullet is better. That said, if you only chase whitetails I don't think you can beat a 6.5 CM.

I'm 77 and I still hunt elk with my 35 Whelen or my 7mm Remington Magnum. Neither bother me to shoot at the range or in the field. What is finally hurting to shoot is my 338 Federal TC pistol but the good news for me is that I can still shoot my 30 TC in a pistol. Arthritis is the problem.

Knock on wood I have not had this issue yet but I am sure it is coming. I am 61 as well and still love to shoot my 375 Ultra and my 416 Rigby. Now I will say I never shot either one of them 100 times in a day. Not sure I could afford to do so or would want to. I agree whole heatedly with "memtb" that a lot of it has to do with the lack of muscle mass and just general fitness that most of us lack as we get on in years. Its just part of getting older. Have a great day gents.

Severed all four tendons in my right rotator when 50. Had to be reattached differently, but works OK today at 76. Then I had a torn retina and the doctor told me all I had to do if it totally severed was get to him within 24 hours and he could reattach it. Scared me because I was booked for a Cape Buffalo hunt in Africa in a couple of months. So muzzlebrake was put on my 375 H&H and Global Rescue was paid up to haul me out if need be. Everything went well. Got my buff and had no retina issues. I kept the muzzle brake on.
I did settle for the 375 H&H being my dangerous game rifle because I cannot handle anything heavier recoiling any more. I have tried 416 Rigby and Remington, and 458 Lott. Just more than I can handle. Besides I can get two shots off with the 375 H&H before I can even get back on target with the heavier recoilers.
Best of luck if you hunt a brownie with that 6.5! Having been within 30 feet of them, I believe a bigger bullet is better. That said, if you only chase whitetails I don't think you can beat a 6.5 CM.
Man that sounds painful! How did you sever all four at the same time???

Knock on wood I have not had this issue yet but I am sure it is coming. I am 61 as well and still love to shoot my 375 Ultra and my 416 Rigby. Now I will say I never shot either one of them 100 times in a day. Not sure I could afford to do so or would want to. I agree whole heatedly with "memtb" that a lot of it has to do with the lack of muscle mass and just general fitness that most of us lack as we get on in years. Its just part of getting older. Have a great day gents.
I used to test rifles for function/ accuracy along with proof testing. So I wouldn't say that I'm recoil sensitive yet. But I notice it now, even on my PSS 308 win. So that's a change. I even noticed it on my 7mm RM which isn't a light rifle. It could be from loss of muscle mass, or joint issues. Or I'm not as flexible so poor rifle/ body positioning could be another factor. I'm considering a clamp on muzzle brake. I know, I know that's not ideal.

A 6.5x 47 Lapua has caught my attention lately. Supposed to be easy to make shoot accurately and consistent.
You won't be disappointed with the 6.5x47. I have two of them. One heavy for practice and a light one for tree stand and stalking.

I'm not what I'd call recoil sensitive. My problem is some days the recoil hurts my mid back. I run breaks on almost every rifle from 6 Dasher to 338 RUM.