If your oldee is recoil getting to you

Went out last weekend with the new Turkey Gun I just put together with a Red Dot sight. Wow do those turkey loads kick. My 12 Gauge Beretta Ultima is way worse than any rifle I own and I have a 416 Rigby that I love to shoot. I have been turkey hunting the last few years with a 20 gauge but thought I needed a new one and so I got a 3" 12. Forgot how bad that little 3" shell could buck. Way worse than the 20 but not as bad as the Ten Gauge I bought two years ago. Touch that bad boy off with a 3-1/2" turkey shell in it and your thumb becomes part of your nose in a hurry. Yeah getting old sucks......

Went out last weekend with the new Turkey Gun I just put together with a Red Dot sight. Wow do those turkey loads kick. My 12 Gauge Beretta Ultima is way worse than any rifle I own and I have a 416 Rigby that I love to shoot. I have been turkey hunting the last few years with a 20 gauge but thought I needed a new one and so I got a 3" 12. Forgot how bad that little 3" shell could buck. Way worse than the 20 but not as bad as the Ten Gauge I bought two years ago. Touch that bad boy off with a 3-1/2" turkey shell in it and your thumb becomes part of your nose in a hurry. Yeah getting old sucks......
Someone said getting old is not for sissies lol

The day we shot both of my 338 win mag rifles I felt my eye move really weird .My cousin and I were taking turns making sure this rifle and my other 338 and the scopes would last .The scope got sheared off the model 70 all the screws broke .it's funny he wanted to test a Burris posilock scope that just came out .Wd put it on my 426 rem mag it broke in one shot .Both my other 338s and 416s had Nikon Japanese scopes that never failed .I shot a dang 470 chapstick that had broken stocks abd every scope put on it .

lol 😂
First 3 1/2" turkey load I ever shot was in the middle of the night.
A coyote got in my back yard and was fighting with one of my dogs, I jumped out of bed and grabbed the 835 and slapped two in and racked a round in kicked the door open and shot him. When I pulled the trigger that sucker kicked me in the face, I saw freaking stars.
I don't think I have ever been punched that hard before.

When I was in high school a buddy of mine found some all brass 10ga rounds somewhere and wanted to shoot them in his single shot break over.
He walked over to the edge of the pasture, took aim and pulled the trigger, it blew him completely off his feet and the stock broke, the barrel and action went flying behind him.
I started reading all the markings on one of the rounds and learned that they were industrial slugs that are fired from a Jack hammer thing to break concrete 😂

Ninety years ago, in 1935, Winchester took the ole Model-12 pump shotgun and chambered it for Western's new Super-X and Super Speed, 3 inch Magnum Shotshell. They added on a rubber recoil pad. They also drilled a 1inch diameter hole under the pad in the stock and poured the hole full of lead. They cut 1/2 inch off the length of pull, cause they figured a Duck or Goose Hunter would have on a heavy coat. With a 32 inch barrel and 1-5/8 of No. 4's, it just works.

When I was in high school a buddy of mine found some all brass 10ga rounds somewhere and wanted to shoot them in his single shot break over.
He walked over to the edge of the pasture, took aim and pulled the trigger, it blew him completely off his feet and the stock broke, the barrel and action went flying behind him.
I started reading all the markings on one of the rounds and learned that they were industrial slugs that are fired from a Jack hammer thing to break concrete 😂
Those Industrial slugs are to be fired in a special gun, to knock slag out of rotary mills in a steel plant.

Those Industrial slugs are to be fired in a special gun, to knock slag out of rotary mills in a steel plant.
Well the gun he fired them in was special until he pulled the trigger. 1712339964604.png1712339964604.png
1712339964604.png

Last edited:
She'd be about a 15 pound single-shot, might say Property of Remington Arms Co. on there if ya got the right rig for those Industrials.The shells are still around, just hate to have some one think they are in any way safe, to use in a normal Goose rig, cause they're Not.
I can attest to that 😂
Ol Johnny didn't walk very good for about a month 😂