Identifying loads during load development

How do you mark or identify different loads during load development? Separate boxes, mark the cases or bullets, color coding? Wondering what others are doing and how you keep them from possibly getting mixed up if an accident happens and they spill or someone starts taking them out and looking at them only to maybe put them back incorrectly. Powder, powder charge, primer, seating depth, etc.
I do the sandwich bag thing. I usually put small slips of paper in each one with the details of the load the bag contains. Then I carry them in a plastic box and I take one load out at a time at the range when shooting. Its worked fine for 15 years.

Everything I load gets a lot number.I started with 001 and the last time I checked I was 377 I think.
I use zip-loc bags if I have a small amount of loaded ammo to test.
When a TL (Test Load) works out I comment on it in the load book.If it does not work out I note it and stop that load.
The hard plastic boxes are my favorite as others have said but only if it is a good load and I drop the TL(Test Load)and just use a Lot Number.
Been doing it that way since 1967 and it works for me.

I think you should be recording even the loads that don't work out, avoid retesting those loads because you don't remember. Record the final loads in one place but keep records of the test loads that didn't work out in another log, a development log I guess. Record why they didn't work so well too.