Idaho high country buck hunt

All good ideas! I've just developed the preference of someone else being responsible for the logistics that go with the horses. I feel like I get more out of my limited time and energy in the hills.
Every thing about a horse is a pain in the ***, except for the miles they save your feet.

They are also the most expensive pet in the world if you don't have a job for them.

Fortunately/or not, I have a job for mine LOL. 2 Tennessee Walkers, 1 Fox Trotter, and one that's half trotter and half walker.

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've done with them and the places I've gone. I've got two I'll just give their heads and close my eyes and let them pick their way up, or down stuff I wouldn't lead a mule across/through.

I've been blessed with them.

Nice buck Randy, Its been a beautiful fall hunting season here in Idaho. I took my 9 year old girl Sailor on her first Mule Deer hunt and had an awesome time. I also harvested a black wolf the other day. Give me a call . Billy

Kyle, yes, they have been going back and forth in the fields. Billy, you just can't say that you got a wolf the other day---ya gots to tell the story. I'll give you a ring.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.