ID this muzzle break

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by PeteInPA, Feb 15, 2011.

1. PeteInPA

PeteInPA Member

Guys, I'm calling on your expertise. Can anyone ID this muzzle break? If you can, give me the pros/cons. I'm looking at buying this, but the seller does not have the name of the maker.

[​IMG]

Thanks guys gun)

2. srttim

srttim Member

Looks like JP Enterprises compensator

3. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

Looks like a JP Bennie Cooley tactical.

4. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

would look good on an Abram's tank ! LOL

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

The others are correct. It is a JP precision and to date this is my favorite brake. I have one on my 300 Win pictured below. I have also had them installed on several other rifles. They work awesome and I really like the looks. Another thing I like is that if they are installed so the crown of the barrel lines up with the rear of the first opening it is a simple task to keep the crown clean with out removing the brake. The open design allows this and is a great feature. All blast is directed out and up so no dust storms are created either.

Hope this helps.

Jeff gun)gun)

[​IMG]

6. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Its a jp bennie. I havent dealt with this model but I have used the big ugly one they make and love it in performance. I wish it was more streamlined but if it was im sure it wouldnt work as well.

7. PeteInPA

PeteInPA Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info, and the reviews. So, you think this break would be good on a 300 RUM? I'm looking for a long-range stick for elk and mulies. This is of course on a used gun, but the price seems about right with the break already installed.

Thanks.

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

It was my choice of Brakes for my last custom 300WM build. They work!

[​IMG]

9. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

J.P. Enterprises makes the Bennie Cooley Tactical Compensator. That's its official name.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011