I will not be getting 'the vaccine'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on ones perspective, I suppose...

Looking back historically, democracies rise and fall - typically surviving about 250yrs. Food for thought.
if people would just deal in facts and let the chips lie where they may we wouldn't have to think like that, but as it is I am trying to figure where the new north/south line will be so I am on the free side

Again, mask wearing prevents me from giving it to someone else by slowing or preventing vapor in my breath from being deposited on someone a few feet off. Your study didn't address that. Wearing the mask is simple and non-invasive. If we learn at a later point it wasn't very effective, we aren't out much as a society for having tried. If nothing else, sewing them keeps my mom busy in her free time. Everyone has to have a hobby.

With regards to the heart disease and cancer, if I get those as a result of my choices I can't give it to someone else. Cancer will not spread from me to another person. Covid, however, can. And we can also stop it from doing so.

If I don't wear a seatbelt or I Ihoose to smoke 3 packs a day, that realistically only impacts me. If I get covid and spread it through careless actions I've impacted many others. I'm a big proponent of rugged individualism and I accept that also means being accountable for how my actions impact others.
Might need to go read up on cancers, you can get cancer from someone. Oral sex for 1.

I will submit a different experience. I am currently in Italy. If you recall it was ravaged pretty "hard" in the beginning with COVID. I wouldn't call the first go around as bad as it is currently here nor even a pale comparison to the **** show that is the US. The death rate among the elderly here was astonishing and especially terrible given how they are revered here. It is just accepted as the new normal now.

Italy was locked down. When I say locked down I mean enforced by the Police. You had to have papers just authorizing you travel from your home to work otherwise you could be fined 1300 Euro or detained. Masks were (and a year later) still are mandatory outside of ones own home.

Italy was able to suppress the infection rate down to nearly zero. Using masks, social distancing, contact tracing and isolation of infected persons.

Read the tables at the link:

Then a second wave of infection began after restrictions were lightened. They were not lifted, they were reduced. You still needed a mask within 6 feet of non-family members.

The lock down began again but it was too late (look at the upward trend). It took a full month of complete lockdown (again, can't go anywhere, need papers to travel) to reverse the trend - it is still slowly going down.

When I say lock down I am talking about para-military police at the round-abouts with submachine guns and check points where they check your papers and then decide to go through your vehicle or not looking for whatever they feel like.

The bottom line is the virus is deadly to some but it is very contagious. The problem is it impacts people in different ways and with some people not at all, they simply transmit the virus to others. I had a coworker who tested positive and never had a symptom and another who's Italian girlfriend was positive along with her entire family and he never got it (unknowingly shared same bed with her while she was positive).

Being 46 and healthy I chose to take the vaccine and received my second dose of Modern this morning, 28 days from the first dose. I had a sore arm for a day or two but that happens with Flu vaccine each year as well.

I have had the Flu after receiving a Flu vaccine but I was up on my feet in days vice the week for my daughter who opted out. Even if this vaccine has a shred of hope to reduce symptoms or prevent infection, I am taking that. You don't plan on getting in a car wreck but you most likely wear a seatbelt - I wear mine because of the other idiots on the road.

I think it is a personal choice to be personally responsible when it comes to getting the vaccine and nothing more. Do what you think is right for you but continue to do what is right for everyone else.

Side note: It will take something more than masks and travel restrictions to end this - look at Italy's data.

Respectfully, you realize the ONLY thing we can do is affect the rate of transmission with any mandated measures. As long as the virus is found in the environment (which it is and will remain), there is ZERO probability we can prevent exposure/infections. Even the vaccine is not 100% effective (still a very good option though). Please don't pretend we can take actions and make this virus disappear. If that were a possibility, why don't we do it for influenza or virtually any other virus. Of course, that's a rhetorical question. Be safe and good luck.

Let's keep the dialog going. Put the facts first and stand up for our rights while we still can.

COVID-19 appears to be affecting different regions in different ways - this more closely fits the definition of Endemic. That, our our data collection is out to lunch.

Where lockdown measures are concerned, Taiwan is an interesting case study;

I reacted to my infant vaccination, had various symptoms for a few years and eventually my parents figured out that I had Type 1 Diabetes as a result of an auto immune attack on my pancreas, my brother also reacted to one of his infant shots, left him with a form of autism. I guess my family doesn't have very good genetics when it comes to dealing with vaccines. My mom told the nurse about these and was told to fill out a form and check off all the symptoms I had, the nurse was very familiar with these reactions and it turns out 10% of the kids who got that shot reacted, for me it ended in a life long condition that now has a higher chance of killing me than the sickness vaccinated for.... what will this c19 vaccine give me? Lupus?

For me and my family we'll take our chances with c19 and trust it to God. If it's not my time to go then you can't kill me with a bullet, if it is my time then you can't keep me here!

We're all dying, some of us faster than others. Ever notice that the older we get (not that I am old, probably younger than the average of us) the more deodorant we need? yep were dying.....we live in a broken sin cursed world, it's our fault really, that's to include me.
If I stay on this earth then I will live for God, if I die then I will see God face to face and have a new body that isn't plagued with Diabetes, either way I think is a pretty good option! I'll let God choose. In the mean time I refuse to live in fear. Fear is not from God.

Thanks Hand Skills and everyone else for the great discussion.
@ Hand Skills I'm going to PM you here one of these days and see how your season with Hammers turned out!

Again, mask wearing prevents me from giving it to someone else by slowing or preventing vapor in my breath from being deposited on someone a few feet off. Your study didn't address that. Wearing the mask is simple and non-invasive. If we learn at a later point it wasn't very effective, we aren't out much as a society for having tried. If nothing else, sewing them keeps my mom busy in her free time. Everyone has to have a hobby.

With regards to the heart disease and cancer, if I get those as a result of my choices I can't give it to someone else. Cancer will not spread from me to another person. Covid, however, can. And we can also stop it from doing so.

If I don't wear a seatbelt or I Ihoose to smoke 3 packs a day, that realistically only impacts me. If I get covid and spread it through careless actions I've impacted many others. I'm a big proponent of rugged individualism and I accept that also means being accountable for how my actions impact others.
Not wearing a seatbelt can cause you to lose control of a vehicle and result in the injury or death of someone other than you. Another thing, Casual, you are being lied to, and no one can deduce anything pertinent from false information, not even someone as intelligent as you appear to be.

"In 2019, there was NO Covid-19: The number of USA deaths: 2,854,838. With 2 weeks left in 2020, and a supposedly catastrophic virus pandemic raging the past 10 months, the number of USA deaths stands at: 2,835,533."

USA Today -January 1, 2020 through December 15, 2020 overall Number of deaths compared to 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.