I Went To The gun Show Today!

I remember the last deal I got at a gun show. Ruger m7722 22lr. stainless with the black stock. Included ruger rings. 275$
What I can't remember is how many years ago that was, I just know it was A LOT!

Its just a shame that a new genre of "gun show" can't be born in the image of the old "gun show". Probably have to be invite only though- ha.
This!!!!! Why not a gun show that is a dedicated gun show and gear that maybe is pre-registration invite or something like that! I think this is a great idea for rebirth of once was! Somebody PLEASE take this on!

Stopped going since everything became black and plastic. Then prices increased. Too crowded with no safety regard. The one I liked (real wood around) closed 2° libtard whining. Now go to private stores every week.

For lots of years, I used to make a day of it with several buddies. Show, food, and strip bars. I may never go to another show again. Last one a couple years ago was mainly trinkets, cheap stuff, and military. I do not like the crowds attending the St. Louis, MO area shows.

Another nail in the gun show coffin of NY is the prohibition of person-to-person sales. It used to be that you could register a firearm (long-gun) for sale as you entered and sell to anyone that was interested. Now all sales must be preapproved through the background system which could take days. It's not even legal here to loan a rifle to a friend, thanks to Cuomo's "SAFE ACT".

I still go when I need parts that I cant find elsewhere. I enjoy rooting thru the bins of junk for cartridges to add to collection and finding bits n pieces to my endless projects and friends/customer's stuff. Recently had a older 410 single come in with a broken extractor and couldn't find one online so went to a local show in December and found one close. A little fitting with a file and it works. Even extracts 444marlin brass now.
20211022_111132.jpg
20211022_111139.jpg

Gun shows really suck if you actually want to buy a gun. Pretty ridiculous prices, but many of the private sellers know they'll get it or close because some folks cant buy guns at stores so they'll pay the premium.

For lots of years, I used to make a day of it with several buddies. Show, food, and strip bars. I may never go to another show again. Last one a couple years ago was mainly trinkets, cheap stuff, and military. I do not like the crowds attending the St. Louis, MO area shows.
I'm in! We can just skip the gun show and head straight to the strip bars!

I went to the gun show today. I had a good attitude and a pocket full of money. I went home a little frustrated but I still had a pocket full of money. Those people have bumped their darn heads! I can wait!
Its unfortunate but most gun shows across the US have become just a waste of time and money. Some of the military ones aren't too bad, but the everyday gun show has 50% non gun related junk, inflated prices and mediocre selection of average and lower end products. Way better to deal with reputable mom and pop gun-shops that aren't out to fleece the heck out of you! Good on you for saving your money! The last two I went to in Florida both had long lines of fools paying $1000.00 for 1000 rounds of steel cased garbage, not much better in Pennsylvania, North Carolina or Tennessee. It's too bad that everything is just a money grab anymore, table rents are up, stock is low, selection is poor and prices are outrageous. And as stated earlier, many of the decent dealers are not willing to endure the stupidity and just quit coming! If the remainder of these thieves want gun shows to continue, they need to ease up. They are hurting their own cause! Unreal!