I Went To The gun Show Today!

I agree with most of what has been posted here. However, for the $10 entrance fee, I can browse to my hearts content and who knows, I may stumble into something that I really want at a reasonable price point. It beats just surfing the internet and looking at empty shelves at LGS. I probably spent more than $10 at the fast food place before I got to the show. I may wear a n95 though.

GUNS SHOWS....same circus different clowns. What we have here is a few small gun shops, and pawn shops taking their factory guns and ammo with inflated prices and then stand there and say to me "if I can't make AT LEAST 40% on a used gun I won't buy it"..... uh, ok, would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

I went to the gun show today. I had a good attitude and a pocket full of money. I went home a little frustrated but I still had a pocket full of money. Those people have bumped their darn heads! I can wait!
Seems as though they are trying to retire off of one sale, at times they were even higher than new for one reason or another on their guns and components forget it I'll wait. I like to shoot but we'll just ration what we have.😊

Upandarms puts on a lot of shows around here, $6 to get in to the SHOW.
Same stuff/ different show for the most part.
Sometimes wonder if the local stores dont benifet more than we do?

This was a big one. It's the Tanner. They advertise 800 tables.
Yes, bought a ticket for a recent past Tanner show in Loveland, CO after talking to a buddy, who went the first day decided not to go. I had prior to that pretty much have decided I will not go to them anymore unless there is a specific item I cannot find online. The shows have changed into as others have said more of a flea market, and after the drive time and the cost of admission and food drinks etc, figured could go fishing or go to the range.

I can't imagine how the vendors make enough money to make it worthwhile. I've gone to many shows just for something to do in the winter. I know from attending many past shows that there will be tables full of old junk and unrelated items. The firearms and (few) components that are available are typically way overpriced. It appears that the vast majority of visitors are just browsing in hopes of finding a good a deal on something, which rarely happens.

I pay to park, pay to enter and spend a few dollars on food or a beer. There was a time when a guy would bring in a large selection of gun powder and he would be busy but I believe that has been stopped at all shows in NY. I can't even remember the last time I purchased from a vendor. With Covid exploding around here, I just might have to skip this year and the only thing I'll miss is the corndogs.

There is one gun show worth going to. For any of you who plan to attend the Great American Outdoor Show at Harrisburg (PA) in February, there is a small local gun show and sportsman's flea market held only a few miles away. Hummelstown (PA) Field and Stream has been holding this show for 10 years. This year it will be held only on Saturday February 5 from 8:00am till 1:00pm. The 70 tables are sold to local sportsmen who show guns, ammunition, reloading supplies, black powder, archery, etc. There are few, if any, regular dealers, and no one shows cheap foreign tools, jewelry, golf clubs, beef jerky, Christmas decorations, auto parts, etc. Parking is free and admission is $3.00. For more information about this Hummelstown show, go to the Hummelstown Field and Stream Association website.

Lots of small Gunshows around here.Sold a rifle at one yesterday.One guy had a couple nice Sako`s for sale.About a grand which seems to be under going price.I resisted as I have too many guns now.

Worse part in my mind about the high prices, lower attendance and less commerce occurring at the gun shows is that it's just another step backwards for everyone who enjoys such. I m sure the anti-gun crowd and Liberals would love to see Gun Shows dry up/disappear. That's the one thing we don't want happening!

GUNS SHOWS....same circus different clowns. What we have here is a few small gun shops, and pawn shops taking their factory guns and ammo with inflated prices and then stand there and say to me "if I can't make AT LEAST 40% on a used gun I won't buy it"..... uh, ok, would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
Pawn shops saying they can't make 40 percent? LMFAO!!! They charge almost 500 percent interest on a pawn. They also give about 10 maybe 15 percent on the street value all depending on who is "pawning" it. PAWN SHOPS ARE LEGALIZED TRAFFICKERS IN STOLEN PROPERTY in my experience.

I went to the gun show today. I had a good attitude and a pocket full of money. I went home a little frustrated but I still had a pocket full of money. Those people have bumped their darn heads! I can wait!

Us consumers control the market! If everyone would stick together and refuse to be taken advantage of, those prices will roll back down soon. As long as people pay the high dollar prices, the high dollar prices are here to stay. Thank you for not giving in. I'm with you on it!

Went to our local gun show about three years ago. Not a big show, but some of the guys have some good looking older firearms. Saw a Winchester lever action in 348. That was an excellent shape. Ask the gentleman if I can check it out he said go right ahead when I open the action alive shell popped out. The vendors face turned white. I handed him back the gun and there was another round still ready to get chambered. He pleaded with me not to say anything , he apologized, he says he checks every gun himself before he goes to the show. But obviously he missed this one. Luckily I opened the gun, and wasn't a knucklehead that just cocks the hammer and pulls the trigger. That could've been a disaster.

Same story here in CO- haven't been in years. Honest question though- It seems that most halfway intelligent people with an ounce of common sense have the same attitude about these. You would think that if that was the majority of clientele then the business would adjust to align with consumer sentiment. Do you think they make more in the current form of "gun show" ? Or do you think that the majority of goers don't meet the above criteria? Probably a combination of the two.

Its just a shame that a new genre of "gun show" can't be born in the image of the old "gun show". Probably have to be invite only though- ha.