I Need help finding brass for 6.5 rem mag that I'm building

Hi I am new to this sight looks very interesting I live in Montana and reload and shoot target for hobby now I'm building my second rifle on a rem 700 action 6.5 rem mag now I need to form brass from 350rem ?? Any advice?
I know where there is some 6.5 rem mag brass if you are still looking.

When Rem introduced the 6.5mm Mag back during the 1960s the ammo was difficult to find and the brass is no different today.

I used the Rem brass from 4 or 5 boxes of 120 gr factory ammo I found back in the day and that was all I needed to recondition and workup loads for both the 120gr and 87gr HPs I shot back then from the Mod 600 pictured. And both grouped under 1 MOA.

Buying a box at a time on GunBroker.com may now be your best bet for the original stuff.

I love my 6.5 Rem Mag, but I haven't seen brass for sale in a long time. I bought mine many years ago in bulk and still have plenty. If I wanted to build one today, I'd go the SAUM route. In fact I'm thinking about a 6.5 SAUM or a 6.5-.284. I have two Mauser actions to build on, brass is available and I have several hundred rounds of both. I would like to build on a Remington short action, but even with a Wyatt magazine box, I think heavy bullets would intrude into the case.

Here is a picture of the 6.5 Rem Mag brass I have available.

Attachments

• A9538ED3-4D23-4467-B41F-BF5844EC5ACE.jpeg
    A9538ED3-4D23-4467-B41F-BF5844EC5ACE.jpeg
    867.4 KB · Views: 120
Hello,
You have sold me either 20 or 40 pieces,depending on the price. It looks as if you have a lot of this brass. How were you ever so astute to acquire this much of a cartridge which was never that popular? I have never met anyone else who had a riflein this caliber. With the correct powder and Bullets it virtually equals the.264 magnum with a hell of a lot less powder per shot.
Despite my having over 50 die sets this caliber has been easily the most difficult to reload. This is largely due to the high pressure loading I have always used in this caliber. Using the new ( to me) Barnes style Hornady 120 grain GMX and Accurate 2700 ball powder this bullet drifts less in 4.4 to 7.9 mph winds today than Nosler,s 129 RDF bullet. Surprised me!
WW

Hello,
You have sold me either 20 or 40 pieces,depending on the price. It looks as if you have a lot of this brass. How were you ever so astute to acquire this much of a cartridge which was never that popular? I have never met anyone else who had a riflein this caliber. With the correct powder and Bullets it virtually equals the.264 magnum with a hell of a lot less powder per shot.
Despite my having over 50 die sets this caliber has been easily the most difficult to reload. This is largely due to the high pressure loading I have always used in this caliber. Using the new ( to me) Barnes style Hornady 120 grain GMX and Accurate 2700 ball powder this bullet drifts less in 4.4 to 7.9 mph winds today than Nosler,s 129 RDF bullet. Surprised me!
WW
I acquired this brass through my son by accident but after looking into it I either had to buy another gun or just pass it along to someone who needs it seems how I don't really need another gun. I am selling the brass for $1.00 per round plus the cost of shipping. Just let me know how many you want, I have a little over 500 left but it seems to be drawing a lot of attention.

Hello again,

Your price is very fair, I believe. Could you send me forty please ?
Do you have any leads on .270 RWS brass?

W W

Hello,
Have had a 6.5 Remington since 1967 and recently sold it, made from a medium length Mauser action. Incredibl,y the new owner found some brass for this cartridge on the Internet, besides the cases I gave him. They are NOT common. I have formed cases in the past and you will not a major set if die bushings to squeeze down a 35 caliber case to 6.5mm and you almost certainly will need to turn the necks since they will be so much thicker after necking down so far.

WW