I love Hammer Bullets

dougduey

0411F4AB-1659-4E98-B935-5C57A1A2E5D7.jpeg 9B2ADBD3-8632-436C-812F-3801CB51969F.jpeg 07A473FB-1CEE-4375-BCF3-25AC3BB893B1.jpeg I changed all my hunting rifles over to Hammer Bullets this past year. Attached are photos from load finalization with the 143 gr & 177 gr Hammer Hunter bullets in my 7 STW. The rifle is a Rem 700 rebarreled last year with a 26" Carbon Six (carbon wrapped) barrel with 1:8 twist. I got a new PTG bolt made and just had the fitting/trueing of the bolt completed 3 weeks ago.
It's nice to have bullets going in the same hole!! The chronograph speeds are for the 143 gr Hammer Hunter. An ES of 3 was way better than I expected.
Did I say I love these bullets?!!? Steve fabricates a great product and is extremely helpful when doing load development, although these bullets have been nothing but easy to find an accurate load.

View attachment 120513 View attachment 120514 View attachment 120515 I changed all my hunting rifles over to Hammer Bullets this past year. Attached are photos from load finalization with the 143 gr & 177 gr Hammer Hunter bullets in my 7 STW. The rifle is a Rem 700 rebarreled last year with a 26" Carbon Six (carbon wrapped) barrel with 1:8 twist. I got a new PTG bolt made and just had the fitting/trueing of the bolt completed 3 weeks ago.
It's nice to have bullets going in the same hole!! The chronograph speeds are for the 143 gr Hammer Hunter. An ES of 3 was way better than I expected.
Did I say I love these bullets?!!? Steve fabricates a great product and is extremely helpful when doing load development, although these bullets have been nothing but easy to find an accurate load.
This almost seems impossible! I just received some 181 hammer hunters and can't wait to try them out. Posts like this are getting me excited to get them dialed in. Nice job!

069E6C4E-C363-4E38-B418-AD439EBF8CD6.jpeg
This almost seems impossible! I just received some 181 hammer hunters and can't wait to try them out. Posts like this are getting me excited to get them dialed in. Nice job!
Get excited because they shoot great.
Here's a photo of a 4 shot group from my 6.5-284 Norma with the 124 gr Hammer Hunter. The results speak for themselves. The only rifle that I had to play with to get the kind of accuracy I expected, was my 300 wsm. I adjusted seating depth by 0.005" and it snugged it up beautifully. You'll truly enjoy these bullets. Ask Steve for his recommendations on which powder to use. He's a wealth of great info and will quicken the process. Plus, their performance on game is nothing but devastating.

****.... Another great target!
I could only consistently shoot hunting bullets in the mid 5's with my 6.5-284Norma.

I've had the same experience with them.
Loaded to mag length in my 6.5 creed and did a load ladder all groups have been sub.5" most clover leaf. Haven't even tried to adjust seating depth. I have taken a nice whitetail, a few pigs, and an audad with them and they have been flawless on game.

I think your experience with hammer bullets is about like everyone else that's tried them.

I'm in love with them too!

I put 3 of the 181gr hammer hunters into 1.8" @400 yards the other day with my .300wm. That group was about 2" from center of the bull.

Nice shooting too! I'm not capable of that most days.

I think your experience with hammer bullets is about like everyone else that's tried them.

I'm in love with them too!

I put 3 of the 181gr hammer hunters into 1.8" @400 yards the other day with my .300wm. That group was about 2" from center of the bull.

Nice shooting too! I'm not capable of that most days.

That's good news I ordered a few boxes of the 181's for my 300 win mag after my 6.5 worked so well.

I've used the 143 and 181 Hammer Hunters in custom rifles and was pleasantly surprised as to how accurate they are. I used the 181 in a 30 Nosler rifle and dropped a nice bull elk with a single shot. Bull dropped in 10 seconds.

I've got some 236gr HH bullets for my 338RUM but I haven't tried them yet due to the weather. I'd like to use them on a moose hunt this fall.

I was a die-hard Accubond fan for a long time and had excellent results with them, including the two bull moose I dropped, but the Hammers seems to excel in most ways. Time will tell.

I've had the same experience with them.
......they have been flawless on game.

I haven't shot an elk with them yet. I did see Varmit Hunters video of the elk he shot, and it was an impressive result.
I've taken a few hogs and a whitetail with them using my 30-06 and the 166 gr Hunter. It was pure devastation.
The first animal I Hammered, was a Kodak Island mountain goat this past October. I used my 338 Lapua and the 213 gr Hunter. My outfitter/guide told me to bring the biggest caliber that I was comfortable with because the "goats are very tough and they suck up lead and run away. You need to pole axe them, or run the risk of losing them". It wasn't an issue. Only a 218 yard shot, put through both front shoulders. After impact, the billy did a 180, then just fell over while I was racking another round. My guide was impressed. Although he used the gutless method to dress out the goat, all you could hear was sloshing inside the body cavity. Extort wound was about 1.5-2" in diameter. Blood spray on the ground.
Due to their accuracy and performance, I won't shoot anything else when hunting. It's very rare I find any product that lives up to its claims and exceeds my expectations. Hammer Bullets do!!