I chose Browning this time.. hope i dont regret it!!

I use Nightforce on my LR rig, but it is too heavy for the application you want. Both the Nikon and the Vortex are good choices. Also take a look at the Sightron (only the SIII model). My 6.5-06AI currently wears this piece of glass.

I am trying more and more to buy the best for what I am getting and that includes resale price. A too often I buy something in a scope and it is not just right for the rifle. BDC only appeals to a few people if you go to sell. If you get the Vortex or a Leupold you know someone will buy it from you if you are disappointed. So I shop for those 2 at the best price even if it is used, no biggie if you get the box and, manual and warranty rights, card. That way after you've had it, if it's not a keeper for that rifle than trade again. If you get the Vortex, chance are you will keep it for that rifle or another. Same goes with a Leupold Mark 4, Nightforce or swaro, us optics or schmidt & bender. I'd go Vortex and then mark 4 and then nightforce. Lastly, Zeiss and swaro have after market value too.

2cents

Thanks for the info. I took all the comments into consideration, and have narrowed my scope down to the Leupold Mark 4 LR/T Rifle Scope 4.5-14x40mm. For the performance and the price i dont think i can go wrong here. And like said above" if i dont enjoy the scope it can easily be sold for a good price to get another. The Vortex scopes looked great, just didnt like the lack of options on the objective lens size. The one that looked good for my application was the VIPER 4-12X40 PA RIFLESCOPE, but only reticle option is the BDC. Well its hard to choose. I have changed my mind so many times and thinks that im gonna get the Mark 4, and shoot some targets.

Thanks

Attachments

• leupold-mark-4-4-5-14x40mm-pr-long-range-rifle-scope-04.jpg
    leupold-mark-4-4-5-14x40mm-pr-long-range-rifle-scope-04.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 17
if you can save the money for the nightforce it would be worth it.:D You should like the browning ,there great guns as I have a 300wsm an 300win mag in the eclipse. As usual they shoot well with most ammo with the BOSS System.

Well. I purchased a scope. Its a Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm Long Range Riflescope with target knobs. Went ahead and ordered 200 rd's of Federal Premium Gold Medal Ammunition 308 Winchester 168 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point Boat Tail.
So now just have to wait until i get off work to go home and see what she can do!!!

U will love the browning. As u may have noticed they don't get enough recognition on here. They r very accurate guns from the factoryfor the price. I realize mosr on here r long rangers, but a lot of us can shoot our factory rigs pretty well too. I have a stainless stalker in 300win that can shoot under 1 in at 200. Now to me that's pretty good for facrory gun. And s it's a browning.

I'm sure you know the answer by now...And I don't know why Brownings are not more popular in the LRH and other groups. Both of mine are shooters, but the BAR is much more finickey when developing an accurate load and harder to shoot super accurately with that squishy trigger. Maybe its because not as many gunsmiths know how to work on them...I don't hear of barrel replacements etc. so much with Brownings.

My Xbolt Hunter (sporter barrel) in 243 commonly shoots 1" or less groups @300 yards. (3 or 4 shot groups. ) I have hit 1" bullseyes in a single shot "group" at 345 yards while it was lightly snowing. Best group was 4 rounds in .1" @ 200. 5th round was 1" away. All off of a bipod and rear rest.

I don't know if its because the barrel never gets hot when its freezing out, but my Xbolt is extremely stable when I'm shooting prone, laying in the snow.

I think an Eclipse, or something I build that is quite a bit like it, is in my future.

Here's the pics I promised. Going to shoot It tomorrow. I will let you guys know how she does. And more pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
Hello all. I have been looking into shooting out to about 500yrds as a starting point for my long range target shooting. I own a Rem 700 sps 30-06, i love the gun its a dedicated hunter. I got a chance to go shoot with my uncle who is a die hard Browning man. I was really impressed with his guns. The one i enjoyed most was a browning A bolt composite stalker in 300wsm. So after shooting all day i just went home and ordered the Browning A-Bolt Target Bolt Action Rifle .308 Winchester 28 Heavy Bull Barrel, 1-10 twist, adjustable comb. All i have done to the gun is buy and install a 2lb timney trigger spring. Its a beautiful gun. I am waiting on my Leupold VX-3 Scope 3.5-10x40mm Custom Dial System scope.
So i know that not many people like browning outside of hunting, And i know the aftermarket is not there for the browning. I just wanted to do something different. If anyone has any experience with the Browing target riffles i would like to know your opinion on performance/accuracy. You cant find anything online about them. When my scope comes in I will put some pics up and let you guys know how it does at 500yrds. I look forward to your feed back. Thanks
I dont have any experience with their target rifles but i dod buy my wife a Browning xbolt about 5 years ago in 7mm-08 and at the beginning of each hunting season we take it out and put a shot through it at 100yds and every time it punches dead center of the bulls eye. It did also drop the very first buck it ever got within sight of in it's tracks. I dont mess with this rifle atal