I am looking for the new Senderos in 264 win mag seen any?

Cabela's in Dundee, MI claimed to have 264s in stock when I bought mine in 300WM there about a week ago.

I put a deposit and order for one in .264 WM last winter.

I finely gave up and took the deposit back in August.

It came in a few weeks ago.

10 months... the longest I have ever waited for a factory rifle.

But it's nice and worth the wait.

Senderos in northeastern WY are like dog turds- they are everywhere. Every caliber that they are made in and even some of the older ones. I have fondled several 264's, but have not taken one home yet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Remington dumb? A strategic shortage can occasionally be a decent marketing tactic, but it seems to me they don't understand the market potential for the Sendero (canceling it, then bringing it back in such small numbers). If they offered one in 300 WSM, I'd be on the waiting list too...

[/ QUOTE ] i have a 300wsm sendero for sale. i still think they should have come out with either a 6.5 -284 or a 6.5 rsaum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would accept them making a 260Rem sendaro or VSS then it could be rechambered to any 6.5 cal as long it was a short action but you could still use it with a 6.5Ultra single shot. They used to make the 700VLS in 260 but stopped it. If they did the 260 it would become a 6.5SAUM very quickley if i had it.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Cabela's in Hamburg, Pa. had a .264 Sendaro in the rack a few weeks ago. They also had another but I do not know what the caliber it was. I think that it was a .300 Mag. but do not know if it was a Winchester or Remington Ultra.

Tom

What am I missing here? Could someone please explain to me why the .264 might be better than the 7MM Rem. Mag.? I am so very freaking confused and in the market for a new toy. I like the ballistics better on the 7mm. I like the ammo selection better on the 7mm. Is there a reason why the .264 should shoot better? Whatever I end up getting it's gonna be the gun that pushes me over the top and into reloading. I want to push tacks, shoot deer, coyotes, groundsquirrels, porcupines, ect... Mostly deer though.

[ QUOTE ]
What am I missing here? Could someone please explain to me why the .264 might be better than the 7MM Rem. Mag.? I am so very freaking confused and in the market for a new toy. I like the ballistics better on the 7mm. I like the ammo selection better on the 7mm. Is there a reason why the .264 should shoot better? Whatever I end up getting it's gonna be the gun that pushes me over the top and into reloading. I want to push tacks, shoot deer, coyotes, groundsquirrels, porcupines, ect... Mostly deer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that one is "better" than the other - in some areas they over lap. Both are fine for Antelope, the 7mm Mag is better for Elk and large deer, the .264 is better at the smaller end - 'yotes and such - both are way mare gun than needed for ground squirrels.

I chose the .264, because bore size is the largest I can get that has well designed, high BC, thin skinned varmint bullets available.

For me, it is a single use rifle. Large feral dogs and 'yotes at very long range.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.