Huskemaw Long Range Optics - New Sponsor

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Aaron Davidson of Huskemaw. Aaron has a technical background and I am sure he'd be glad to answer questions about the company's products.

Huskemaw Long Range Optics

Huskemaw scopes - hands on review article

PUBLISHER'S EDIT:

In June, 2009 we will be publishing a hands-on review article on the Huskemaw scope written by long time LRH member, Ernie Bishop. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Huskemaw Optics

The HO 5-20 LR has 20MOA per revolution, .333 MOA per click (60 clicks).

Len has really been after me to get this set up. As you can imagine, we are really busy. The first year selling the rifle scope to the public has gone really well. We've sorted out a few minor changes, and we have a few more we would like to implement.

The mechanical function (tracking, return to zero, etc) has been everything that we expected from our design. The True BC process has worked remarkably well--I've only had a handful of customers that had questions about the included DVD or the online program.

We are working on a few changes to the online True BC program. We are making it slightly more intuitive, with a real time True BC feature and a side by side ballistics comparison calculator.

One of the marketing hurdles we've tried to overcome is explaining how the wind compensation technology works. It is really simple, and when it finally clicks for a customer, anybody can do it.

I'll subscribe to this post, and try to come back often to keep it updated.

Best Regards,

Aaron Davison
BOTW Product Engineer

enjoy your show also..

and glad to have you here. watched the latest episode with the camp bears, i guess it is a small world. i went on my first alaska hunt with tom shankster back in 1993. i was hunting dall sheep and grizzly. got a beautiful 39 inch dall and had a chance to shoot a smallish grizzly but passed. one afternoon while glassing i counted 13 black bears, all in site at the same time. it was a great experience. tom scared the bejaysus outta me landing that super cub on a sandbar about 50 ft long!!!

i like the simplicity of your long range shooting system...so much so that i have copied it and i am getting my rifle set up similar. looking forward to your input here on the forum. AJ

I just got this scope on my custom 7mm mag. I havnt had a chance to do the set up yet but the quality of the scope seems to be good. I will keep everyone posted on how it works

I'd like to hear what the glass used in this scope compares to - Tasco, Leupold, S&B? I like the idea of the setup but if the glass isn't up to par then its out of consideration for me. Can't seem to find anybody that owns one to take a look see, can't find any reviews online that make any kind of a comparison with other popular scopes, and can't find any info on their webpage that tells where these scopes are made, where the glass is coming from, what coatings are being used, etc. I know two other people that have also expressed an interest in their scopes but with all these unanswered questions, and not being able to actually look thru one, we've all decided that its too much money to plop down without knowing more.

I'd like to see a couple of reviews done by some people that know what they're talking about, and have them do a heads up comparison with scopes we can all relate to. Just a suggestion from someone that likes the concept, but leery of the unknown.

I'll make it easy for you. Buy one. If you don't like it send it back.

The turret technology and wind compensation (along with 20 MOA per turn and zero stop) really add functional value to the optic.

The scope is Japanese, with Japanese glass. It works!

Hi Aaron:
I called yesterday, it was my birthday. I think I may need a Bday present.

I shoot a 300 RUM, and I started shooting last fall out to 750 yards . I was surprised at how accurate I could shoot at that range but obviously I need something like this.
If I am shooting 168 grain barnes tsx at approx 3426 fps, will this not shoot very, very close to the 7mm you make? I would prefer to use this gun. My group w/ it is about .75 inch at 100 yds. It seems like people on this forum prefer the heavier bullets to buck the wind. I do like the lighter bullets bc of the recoil. I started w/ 200 grainers and then went to 180s.

Thanks and good luck to you.

Brad

Good to have you here Aaron. About how long will it take to get long range hunter when someone orders one. Thanks again for the post on the other forum about your rifles. Matt

Probably belongs in another topic, but we try to keep the delivery under 6 months--that's getting tough!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.