Hunting with tactical rifle?

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Hunting with a Tac rifle is the ONLY way to hunt. I carried my AI on a biathalon sling for up to 20 miles a day of hiking for a week hunting elk in October and never even knew it was there. Weighs about 17 lbs with scope and full mag. I think the secret was the biathalon sling. I spent two week this summer carrying a 50# pack in the high-sierra's, so a 17# rifle was nuthin.

This is the one I use on a regular basis, and YES, I shoot deer with MatchKings from this rifle...
pubimage.asp

How much does that rifle weigh Chris? What caliber is it?

Here is my hunting rig.

308 win, weighs 15 lbs.
robar-rifle1.jpg

[ 12-04-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]

sr90--
I have actually never weighed the thing, but I'm guessing it is around 17#. It is a .308 Win. with a 28" Pac-Nor NBRSA HV taper barrel, 1:11"tw/4 groove, McMillan A2 w/ heavy fill, and all steel NF rings and bases. It's pretty heavy, but I love it on the long shots off the bipod. BTW, nice Robar!

SR90 - That Robar sure is sweet lookin!!! Hey how did they go about applying the camo to the scope?

USoptics sent the scope housing to Robar before the scope was assembled, USoptics didn't charge for the paint job either.
smile.gif

I had a Swarovski painted by Robar before the USoptics but I sold it to get the USoptics.

They also do Desert patterns, etc...

If you call Robar to have your scope done, most of the sales rep's will tell you they won't paint your scope but talk to Tadd he will get it done for you. Tell him Nick sent you.
grin.gif

[ 12-05-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]

I would have to encourage you to give it a try, it is awsome. I have a remigton 700 with a milspec barrel 24" 1-11 and a quater twist with a McMillan M40-A1 stock with a nightforce scope and 20minute tapered bases. It is my mountain sheep rig and though it is heavy, when the long shot comes, shooting my trophy is a cinch. In September 2002 I killed a full curl dall sheep with one shot at 763 yards. I also use a Leupold Mark 4 10x for 600 yard and less hunting with exellent results.

I usually hunt with a scoped Springfield Armory M1A. It weighs about 12 pounds and doesn't seem heavy to me and I carry it all over the place. I also hunt with a Savage 10FP .308 with a 24 inch barrel, it doesn't seem heavy either. A friend from work took his Savage 110FP .300 win mag elk hunting a few months ago and I didn't hear him complain about the weight. If a tactical rifle is kicking your butt, that is a good excuse to quit smoking and start hitting the weights and the treadmill.

S1

Can you provide a website showing the Dragbag, or a picture of your own, please?