hunting rifle accuracy

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Because what a rifle can do at 100yds can give a very false impression of what it can do at 600-700-800yds. I've seen a number of rifles print nice tight groups at 100yds and group miserably at extended ranges.

Lotta factors involved with those "extended" ranges besides just the rifle.

Lotta factors involved with those "extended" ranges besides just the rifle.

Very true. But the point is that even under ideal conditions, a rifle that can shoot 1moa at 100yds won't necessarily shoot 1moa at 600-800yds. It would be careless to assume that it could without actually testing before going afield.

I hope my latest rifle holds this accuracy out at distance. .154" @100, this is cold bore plus 2. Testing out further next.

20CAA5E5-F4C4-4248-9D11-406CF465EEAC.jpeg

Wow, I need to re evaluate my zero (approx 3 1/4" high at 100 for a 300 yard zero) method again. I've head-shot quite a few grouse at ranges from around 5 o 10 yards or so, holding about 1 1/2" inches below where I want the bullet to go……..have had a few good grouse meals when hunting! memtb
With that .375 you carry a near miss on a head shot would still be effective. It should blow out the ear drums and scatter its brains.:D:D