• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hunt swap.....swap Hunts!!

Splat:
How was the performance of the 300 WSM. Have a friend who just bought one. I use a 300RUM myself and it performed well this past fall in CO for me. We hunt the Missionary Ridge area just NE of Durango.

Am heading to NM for some rabbit hunting in late March. Whereabouts you at?
1KSTR

i'm just south of durango in aztec.
i have 2 - 300 wsm's the above one was my first.
i used 68 gr's of imr 4350 behind a barnes 150 tsx.
the bull was broadside, and it blew right thru the chest.
it left about a quarter sized exit hole and shredded the top of the lungs. it only hit about 9 inches low from the top of the back, my hold, with the gun sighted in 2.5 inches high at 100 yards. then i rechambered another gun to 300 wsm, and have yet to kill with it.
i also have a 300 rum, new build, and a 338 edge in the owrks.
all for elk and lr deer hunting.
i like the 300 wsm, it doesn't recoil very bad, and velocities with the 150 tsx's are about 3200 fps.
i am trying out a load with imr4064 that runs a bit faster with less powder. can't remember the charge iirc it's 61.5 grains. i was getting about 3260 for an average.

Didn't mean to get off thread here. Great ideas for swaps.
Carry on.

1KSTR

ILIKA308

You oughta come to Missouri to turkey hunt, birds are very, very plentiful, mostly 18-25 lb birds, good bears and nice spurs. We get 2 tags and I have tagged out 14 years in a row and never gotten skunked.

Dan

sorry about the hyjack

SPLATTERMATIC,

How far from town? Lived in Co for 4 years Wouldnt mind staying in hotel! We pretty mobile! We need a 4 wheeler?

Can we Mulie hunt? Over the counter or do we have to get drawn?

Think we will need to redope loads and rifles, if so how much?

Feel free to ask questions!

yes, 250 for a bear tag.
early season is draw, second rifle season and on is otc.

read the story from the 2005 trip and you'll see where the g man, shot one..

not a happy ending tho ...

What about the mulies...OTC or draw....been 15 years since I hunted CO.

But getting ready lookin at rock hopin boots (yes ive been down the busted feet road myself). Backpacks. New Binocs. hopin Kirby gets my gun done in time. We thinking the tent thing like a GP small.

4 wheeler do us any good? I know I wish id had it before but had to have horses to get up there 12000ft, wilderness.

Need to go on diet, stop smokin, exercise!

Come on get me pumped, Ive never killed an elk went 4 times never saw a bull....g-pa is 94 he'd love to hear the story...he never got one either.

all deer in co., for non res., is by draw afaik...

so you guys seriously thinking of doing this ?

4 wheelers are okay to use, but need a co. state license plate or something like that.

we just walk, and see plenty of elk.

let me know what you guys are thinking and i can talk this over with my friend chip, and see what we come up with.
we chatted and we are thinking of putting in for the 1st season draw, and then if you guys want 2nd or 3rd season otc tage, we can "guide" you, if we draw..if we don't draw, then 4 of us will be hunting together.
i can also leave my camper up there, and have camp all set up for you 2 already.

If I have time I would love to. Im not very good at long range shooting and I sound like a herd of elephants going through the woods though. How far will you guys be hunting from trinidad? Im young and dumb so Im game for almost any plan. If it was up here I would have more young and dumb friends and we can make quick on getting something out. Sorry, dont know anybody in colorado that is as mentally challenged as us Idaho boys. thanks