Hunt. Oregon south east

If I was to hunt the south east it would be the Steens unit. Deer numbers are low but if you put in the time and miles there are some giants there. Having said that why not drive a couple more hours north to some units that have more deer numbers and easier draw.

Feel free to PM me if you would like. I have lived in oregon my whole life and could point you in some good directions.

i used to live in se oregon - the only good, close, deer hunting is in nevada in my opinion

Hi 6.5 express. Where in Oregon did you live? Nevada does have some very goog hunting it's just getting a rifle tag. I bow hunt and tags are easer to get. I would love to go hunting in wy. Bob

Id stay in Nevada myself.

Not any easier for tags in Oregon anymore either haha.

Do your research and you'll find out where is your best bet for that non existent 35" non typical :)

I used to live outside of burns. Nv is about as good as it gets in my opinion. Any unit in nv is capable of producing big bucks. It just takes some research to find out which tags have higher chances of drawing. But, Oregon is hardly worth purchasing a resident license and tag let alone paying non res fees for any unit unless you have a way to hunt private. Someone may come on here and disagree with me but its my opinion. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.