East coast, long range deer hunt recommendations?

Alibiiv

This past year I hunted in northern Maine; zone 3. I asked the outfitter if there was a possibility of hunting in an area where 300+ yards shots could be made. He stated that there was, and....that if I chose he could set me up to 1/4 mile shot. I told him that was not necessary, but 300-500 yard shots would be great; for some of us that's long-distance. I was set up in a shooting house where 500 yard shots were possible, it was great country with good weather. Unfortunately I had to come home in the middle of the week, didn't get a shot. The problem with this outfitter is that he is so far back in the woods that it took 5 hours to go 93 miles "out to a dirt road" plus another 1 1/2 hour drive to a paved road; and....no phone service, and one needs a French speaking interpreter to communicate.

If I owned a helicopter I would go back to this place, great outfitter, priced good, good accommodations, good food, and a great area to hunt without any hunting pressure at all. But....I don't own a helicopter, thus this thread. My walking capabilities are somewhat limited, but shoot quite well and have good equipment. I am curious if anyone has an outfitter on the upper east coast that they have used and would recommend? Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Born and raised hunting up there, most anything back in involves a longgg ride in. Some of the clear cut overs can provide some shooting at long range. I live south of there in zone 17 less long shots if not on fields. I miss the solitude up north but not the rides and walks in and out. See any big moose?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.