HS Precision Recoil Pad

newmexkid

I recently purchased a PSS 010 stock from HS Precision for my new 30-06. I guess I have become a softy to recoil after a few years of shooting smaller caliber rifles. The pad on this stock is as soft as the desk my keyboard is sitting on! So, is the current pad screwed or glued on? I also need recommendations for a different(softer) pad. I shot the rifle 66 times yesterday and the stock pad has got to go.

Just smashed that old torture device off a few days ago. 338 RUM outta that beast with a hard old pad was unfriendly at best. Kick eez on the way!

Toss the stock in the freezer over night, grab the base of the pad in a vise and put some side pressure and it pops right off. Epoxy on a real pad, the couple I have done I did the grind to fit decelerator. Much better.

Nice, I did that exact thing minus waiting overnight. Woulda come out a bit cleaner if i had. Patience pays...I always pay for lack of patience!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.