HS 10 round magazine keeps falling out

timz

Has anyone had this problem?: My remington 700, 7-08 rem has a HS precision detachabe magazine system, and both myself and a buddy who has the same set up find our 10 round mags feed badly (double feeds), and they tend to fall out regularly under recoil. I only put 9 rounds in mine usually, but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions on remedy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

feralbuster,
I installed one on a .308 a couple months ago and have put about 100 rounds through it. I was very pleased with it's performance, not one feeding problem and both 10 and 4 round clips snapped in very tight.
The 10 round does rattle a little when empty and the 4 round clip does not rattle due to an "O" ring. overall I was very pleased but this was not a "drop in" in my stock and I needed to do some fitting for a stress free fit. As far as suggestions make sure it isn't being twisted or warped when installed.
FWIW,
308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.