Howitzer Hunt.....Check It Out!

Centre Punch, That is way too funny. That cat hunt with the mortar sounds like a good time. I about died when I seen his trophy pic.

Ive a mate who has a cannon a bit like that, i built him it. its got a 4ft long barrel with a bore of about 2 inches,mounted on an oak carriage, its got a breech plug(from a 81mm mortar) to aid cleaning, we even had it proved. we used to attend weddings and other such gatherings and bang of a 1 gun salute, 2 envelopes full of black powder, with a cardboard wadding, makes a heck of a spectacular bang, the first shot we did with it broke all the blasted windows in the farm yard. it was pretty awesome as an area weapon using 12ga sized lead balls, and you could hit something the size of a garden shed with it at over 300m.
it was certainly the laudest fireworks on new years eve. we never thought of hunting with the sod though,
but i must admit to poping more than the one training area sheep with a 51mm mortar.
Pete

Hi Ian,
A mate in the UK does re-enacting, US Civil War, he`s on a horse but they have a cannon. Ironic but seems one of the few ways you could shoot a cannon in the UK is to dress up like a yank with about 20 other mates.

I did suggest he put his horse in front of it and I would start the BBQ (that went down really well with his girlfriend who is very horsey). Other than that about the best you could do for a target would be a saftey partnership van.

David.

Dave,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif : especially the BBQ bit!

Ian

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

PS, No luck on my email as of yet.

I shouldn't find this amusing,,,,

Just what exactly is the BC of a 4 week old kitten?

I can't find anything on Exbal or should it be re-named Exkit.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.