Check this out!

[ QUOTE ]
thanks i seem to have got it now
should you have a short cut on it
so you can get it straight from the main comp screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

An installer package has been added that will set up a desktop icon automatically. Also the runtime program has benn seperated from the download file. This allows users to download the runtime program, install it and then download my setup program (which now takes a fraction of the time) and allows them to install my program. Also it is set up now so that when you install my program and you want to view what changes have been made by installing a "upgrade" that I will email users that wish to keep up with the changes, they will be able to install this and NOT loose their records and changes to their records. This will only take effect after the next time it is installed. In other words, if you installed it before 4-2-06 and install the latest on 4-2-06 or later, it will wipe out your records. After that point, installing a new one will not wipe out your records.

Thank you for your suggestion! Now, your turn for feedback.

I've been playing with it a little and have a question.

Is there any way to go to 2000 yards or beyond and use an increment of 25 yards? You have to use 50 yard increments to get to just under 2000 but I'd prefer a smaller increment if possible. Is this an attempt to keep everything on one page?

As of today, if you enter start 50 yards and increment 50 yards it will give you 2000 yards max. 25 and 25 give you 1000 yards max.

The next version, (there is always a "next" version in progress) which will include the metric system and some other features is also set to include a more deversified range and increment set up. Right now it boils down to a programing issue that is taking quite some time to get right. In the future you will be able to use 25 yard or meter increments up to and possibly beyond 2000 yards. Not sure yet if it will go beyond 2000 but it is a possibility.

This next major overhaul is going to depend somewhat on the demands and response of others. Right now I havent recieved a whole lot of feed back good or bad and there are some cost and time issues I have to deal with. Hopfully if things go well, I will be starting on the next overhaul between 5-1 and 5-15. It will most likley take 1-6 months to interface these options and whatever else will be added. Future upgrades will be extreemly modest in cost. For past customers, this version is available may 1st at no cost because this really is what the first generation was suppose to be and I really wanst happy with it and have decided to give them a little something extra.

I hope that helps some. Please let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Checking out your web site, this application looks most interesting. I have to ask; Does this app. do a search and destroy on earlier version of access' runtime? I also program in access and have several versions of runtime which I must protect.

Thanks, Bob

Meichele, thanks for the quick response. From dealing with access all the way back to '97 I've seen about everything thrown at access programmers, usually from M.S. though. One more question; does your app. have an intergraded help file? Thanks again and good luck.

There is no official help file. However, there are help on this feature command buttons throughout the application that when clicked, a help form opens up with info specifec to that item to help you with the obvious questions. The rest is pretty easy to navigate. Will be working on improving that in the near future as well.

Just finished up USO's GAP and IOR's MP8. The latest is not uploaded yet. It maybe in a couple of days.

Screen Shots are below.

396696.jpg

396694.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.