Howdy from Oklahoma

There is nothing I hunt that requires a magnum cartridge. I'm actually going to smaller calibers and cartridges. I have a fast twist 6mm Remington barrel for my Blaser that Will do almost anything I need done In the lower 48.
Yeah I'm the same…but need and want are two different things haha.

My favourite "big gun" at the moment is an old BRNO ZG47 (1956) that was rebarreled to .358 Norma Magnum. It's a heavy old beast and honestly doesn't kick that much because of that heft, just a sweetheart to work with that I got for cheap on auction on account of the relatively rare chambering and some dings and scrapes appropriate for its age. I'm really quite smitten with it, no need for the horsepower but it sure isn't a problem either 😁

You are so right on the "need vs want".
I like the 358 Norma Mag but have not owned one. If I lived where you do, I'm sure I would find more use for one.

I shoot there too in addition to my property.
I shoot there allot. Compete in the Handgun Silhouette on the first Sunday of every month. Our first match of the year is a week from Sunday.
I'm working on starting a Bench Rest Match there using NBRSA rules. If you know anyone interested in shooting BR, let me know.

Weary of the "campfire" …..some of those folks are bit difficult to ignore! The rest of the forum has a lot to offer……most of the time! 😉 memtb
And you are right. Don't you have the same screen name there as here? My screen name there is OSU Sig.

No, that space is reserved for the real dirt bags there. I recall seeing you online from time to time.

Thanks! I try not to be too offensive….though, I do have a bit of a warped sense of humor!

Generally, we're a pretty "straight laced" bunch on here. Although lately, we've gone astray a bit …..probably from cabin fever! memtb