How to tighten Rem 700 safety lever

Fallguy

Is there a way to tighten the tension on a Remington 700 safety lever? Some of the ones I have take very little pressure to push to the "fire" position and I'd like them to be stiffer. The Triggertech triggers are even worse - as in way too easy to push to "fire".

The Remington safety lever hardness is controlled by 2 items, The depth of the denton dimple that the ball bearing drops into and pressure the little flat spring puts on the ball bearing. With some of the quality control on 700 trigger parts nothing would surprise me. A new spring or slightly deepening the dimple with a proper size drill or Drimel with a small stone may be a cure.

I just installed a Trigger Tech Special on a M700 .223. My safety lever is perfect, it takes enough force to move it so that an accidental movement would not be likely. You should call Trigger Tech if your trigger safety lever is not functioning properly. Personally, I would not try to adjust the safety lever / mechanism. I would either replace the whole thing or send it to a professional for adjustments.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.