How much of a change

I've got 20 rounds loaded. I loaded 5 two grains below, 5 one and a half below, 5 one below and 5 at 58 grains. I'm going to shoot these across chronograph and see where I'm at. I really do appreciate the offer. If this doesn't work I may take you up on the offer.

Rem 273gr-201=72. Nos. 254-176=78. I only see 6g difference. that still a lot, and the Nosler hasn't been fireformed yet. It will be interesting to what the different is them.
I am building a 6mm/280AI rifle. I gotten Peterson 280AI brass for that. I will have to get a box of Nosler and see what the different is. I don't have the rifle yet, so I will have to wait. The brass maybe another problem in getting some.

No need to use that many components. If you know what the velocity is for the load you worked up with the Remington brass, all you need to do is a ladder with the Nosler brass. Start a few grains lower and then shoot over the chrono. Focus on the charge weight that gives you a similar velocity.

No need to use that many components. If you know what the velocity is for the load you worked up with the Remington brass, all you need to do is a ladder with the Nosler brass. Start a few grains lower and then shoot over the chrono. Focus on the charge weight that gives you a similar velocity.
The quest for maximum possible velocity is like chasing a rabbit down a hole. It will never be worthwhile ballistically.

Just find a load that is accurate and consistent.

If you want more speed than that, move to a bigger case and repeat.

Recent Posts