How many rounds do you shoot a week?

FnSpr1akid

I was just wondering what is a rough average rounds of ammo shot by most people in one week.

I usually shoot anywhere from around 50-80 rounds a week out of my 4 calibers, 222, had my 220 swift, 25-06, now a 270 win, and lastly my 300 rum. I like to stay on top of my game with all my calibers, so I shoot them all at least once to twice a week, putting anywehre from 10-20 shells downrange of each caliber, usually 300 and 525 yards.

I have the same philosophy as you remingtonman I stay accurate with all rifles...although the .221 gets addictive a otb remington LS limited and the little bugger shoots 5$ a box barnes 50gr hp into sub 1/4" moa..It sounds like a lie but most of the run has been freakish accurate it will digest anything pretty well until about 60grs it shoot 55gr noslers extremely well..anyways I will easily shoot 10, 10shot groups with it in 1 session.( I am very ammo costly ) How do you manage to shoot a RUM 20 times..that is like 8lbs of powder :p

(edit I forgot to mention I am setting here just off work prepping .221 and 300wsm cases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Through the years it has varied from 50 - 200 rounds a day to less than 5 rounds a month. THis said, I shoot handguns as well as rifles.

Over the past two months however, I haven't felt like touching off any, due only to my back being screwed. I am getting better though,(I hope), and that will soon change one way or another.

We had the last package of pork sausage last night, and that will require me to hit some woods soon to restock the freezer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif As well as, I will be working up a few new loads, so that will require some time behind the trigger too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I only shoot about twice a month and between all my guns, 25-06, 270, 30-06 & 300 winny I shoot about 100 rounds between them in a day. I have a 100yrd range right across the road in the field. If I want to shoot farther I have to go up in the woods to a number of clearcuts. I hurt my shoulder last week so its gonna be a while before I get to shoot much again.

What Roy said.

I drive for 45 minutes to get to the range so I take several guns and alternate with them to keep the barrels cool. Right now I am playing with 22lr Rimfire and that involves a lot more shooting just to make holes in the target.

I drive for over two hours to get to a place to hunt.

Once hunting season starts in September I do not shoot much. Time is devoted to acting like I am interested in killing something. I may hunt all day and fire one shot and kill one squirrel or I may not even fire a shot or I may get bored and start shooting at leaves floating down the river. This is balanced out by dove season where I measure my shotgun shells by the wheelbbarrow load. Don't usually need a wheel barrow to haul the doves back in.

Then there is bow season which is filled with shooting at everything except deer.

I started with around 200 rounds between 12 and 20 gauge shotshells a week (trap and skeet) then I would make my way to the rifle/pistol range with my 270 win, 300 rum, 44 rem mag, 9mm, and a Ruger 10-22. I would usually start on Friday (most Fridays I was off) with the shotguns and maybe 10-20 rifle rounds, and would be back Saturdy and Sunday just on the range alternating back and fourth between my group. Meanwhile I also had to pay attention to my son with his chipmunk .22lr. Every once and a while I would get a little bored and bring my mini-14 with a 40rounder and 4 30 rounders just to let off some steam form being four hours from home all week and my wife having to work most of the weekend.

Now alot has changed, hours fell off at work and I had to pick up a part-time job so I may shoot one day out of every two or three months(really really sucks). With the range only being open four days a week and two of them they close before I get off from my regular job is the main problem I have.

Then you have to throw in archery. I try to shoot at least one hour a day when I get home(Have flood lights on end of house to light up back yard for this).

wohoo to the chipmunk that was my first ..eerr... long range squirrel destroyer... I know how the shoulder stuff feels I had to have a shoulder scoped and repair...6 months in a 3 way sling makes you miss rifles. Being under 21 I could not really pistol shoot without my folks around (we live on a ranch so I could but as with all things in life something are just not worth the possible outcome).I am blessed to be around 2min away from my 100 and long ranges 3 min if I walk slow. Today was a bad day I was so flinchy I was making my poor FN feel bad shooting 1-2" groups at 100yards, I think it is work on my mind. This real world stuff sucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.